Trip Report Two goofs take a Halloween getaway. Now with bonus Christmas content!

Greetings all! We have recently returned from our short but very busy trip to the world. This trip was much needed for both of us, but especially for A, who has had a very difficult last few months. It was so great to get back to our happy place and see that big smile on her face again. We managed to pack in quite a bit in just four days. Now let’s get to it!

Friday October 25.

We had traveled to some friends of ours house the night before to shorten the drive to the airport. We had a 6 AM flight out of Dallas love field. We were out of bed and on the road to the airport by 4, and through security by 445(we love that airport!). The weather was a little iffy this morning, but our flight boarded and took off without delay. We had a very bumpy flight, including the worst takeoff I’ve ever experienced! Fortunately it’s a quick flight, and two hours later we were in sunny central Florida!

E4A032A5-5093-4069-869E-02B0DAC15C6C.jpeg

Getting closer to her happy place!

We made our way over to magical express. It was moderately busy, but we were on a bus as soon as we were scanned in.
E371B41D-87AE-435D-A262-8200BFEABA89.jpeg

We were staying at pop century! We’d never stayed here before, and were excited to try something new. It was absolutely perfect for this trip, as we didn’t spend as much time at the hotel as we do on longer trips. I really liked the new rooms, they’re very clean feeling, and the Murphy bed makes the room feel very spacious when it’s up. It feels a bit cramped with it down, but still not bad. I got the room ready text the second our bus drove under the welcome sign! We were in the 60s section, building 4 room 4268. Basically the perfect room. A short walk to the food court, bus stations, and skyliner! It’s also right at the hippy dippy pool.

We went straight to our room to put our luggage up and get ready for the parks. There was a bus headed to MK waiting for us when we got to the bus stop. Just after we boarded the skies opened up! Fortunately the rain was over by the time we got to magic kingdom. We were through the gates and on Main Street by 1130, just over 6 hours after we started the day. Not too shabby!

1A3CD416-57AC-4DBB-80AE-8CDACC685B53.jpeg

We took a left at the hub and grabbed some spring rolls at the Adventureland cart. We had an order of hamburger spring rolls and an order of pepperoni. They were really good! I didn’t get a picture of them because at this point we were starving!

We headed to sunshine tree terrace for dessert. We shared a Redds Revenge.

486D0B61-6915-4CDB-9379-EBD2FD997884.jpeg

We both liked it, but agreed that the regular orange swirl float was better, as is the classic citrus swirl.

After dessert it was time for our first ride of the trip. Big thunder mountain! It started lightly raining on our ride, but we had a blast as always! The skies were getting darker as we exited big thunder. I was able to move our next FP for splash up, so we hurried over there, hoping the rain would hold up for us.

6C44253D-A909-439D-86BB-F55F8C87D97D.jpeg

We were successful! We were lucky to get on when we did though, because upon our exit of the gift shop the traditional Florida afternoon monsoon had hit!

F33CD289-9D60-4889-A2B3-FCED17647FBD.jpeg

We stood under an awning and watched it rain for about 10 minutes. Eventually we decided to put on our rain ponchos, and make a run for one of my favorite attractions.

AB549433-452E-4670-AD4C-EF359B3FC75C.jpeg

Fun fact time. The voice of Big Al is voiced by Texas native and early country music star Tex Ritter, who grew up not far from where we live. I am related to the Ritter family on my fathers side. This includes deceased actor John Ritter, as well as actors Jason and Tyler Ritter. So basically what I’m saying is that I’m cousins with Big Al!😜

After the show the skies had cleared and the sun was out in full force. It was about 15 minutes before the parade was scheduled to start. We decided to hang around Frontierland and see if the parade would run on time. Unfortunately the announcement came right at 2 that the parade was delayed. No big deal for us! We made a FP for small world that began as soon as we made it over there.
5577C652-C532-4DE8-BA30-23E7A1C76098.jpeg

We used to avoid small world at all costs, because A wasn’t a fan. Fortunately for me, she gave it another chance on our last trip and now it’s one of her favorites! She loves that she finds something new nearly every ride, and has decided the song doesn’t bug her that much anymore! I’ve always been a big fan of the art style, and have always loved the song!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Yay - I’m the first 😃
Welcome! Thanks for reading!

Second! ✌:joyfull:
Off to a great start!
Thanks Nunu!

Following!
Tanks for following!

Early bird here! 🕊🐛
I posted this between midnight and 1 am local time, does that make me an early bird? I’m thinking more like an insomniac!

If Tuvalu can be here, so can I. :p

On with the TR! :happy:
Mon ami, I am always ready, as you say, to put on ze TR!

Well, as I love Big Al, and the acting Ritters by logic I must love you???🤷‍♀️
Regardless, I am following.
( was the orange bird upset to be left out?)
That’s what A said on our wedding day! 🤣 Thanks for following. The orange bird was a bit sad to not be joining us, but a new friend will be making an appearance in his place!

Here and ready!
Excellent! Thanks for following!

Yay! Following.
Yay! Thanks!

Very cool that you are related to both big Al and John Ritter
I discovered a local tv station is playing threes company a lot lately - brings back memories

following along

Max
Thanks for following. I love threes company, such a funny show! I hate that John passed away so early in life.

Following along!!
Welcome! Thanks for following!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Friday October 25

After our trip on small world we made our way over to Tomorrowland. We stopped at auntie gravities along the way to have a treat.

63607578-A9CA-478E-9FCC-CA004BF45C21.jpeg

A had a pumpkin spice shake.

89AE078E-6E90-4C72-A0CF-D01AB281411B.jpeg

I had this abomination. Pumpkin spice sundae. It would’ve been pretty good if they hadn’t doused it in that syrup. A’s shake was just ok, looked better than it tasted to me. She said she really liked it though, so that’s all that really matters.

After our ice cream we took a trip through time on carousel of progress. I don’t think I’ve ever been to MK and not seen this if it’s open. It is right up the on my all time favorites list. So glad it’s not seasonal like it was many moons ago! Anyways we of course enjoyed the show, unfortunately it’s looking a bit rough these days. The entire kitchen in the 40s scene didn’t work, as well as a few smaller things.

We headed across the walkway to the TTA next. It was a walk on, a rarity these days it seems. In fact the entire park was pretty dead this day, I’m guessing it’s because the park closed at 6 for the party. It was as quiet as I’ve seen it in a long long time! After the peoplemover it was time to use a FP for buzz. I have never been able to beat A on this attraction.

C7394C94-096D-45B5-9BA5-4699C3D456F9.jpeg

Until now! Look at that face of fierce determination! Victory is finally mine! I don’t recall what our scores were, but they were not too bad. Whatever the rank just below galactic hero is(cosmic commando?).

After buzz we went back to fantasyland
A5C30A2E-93CB-42BC-886F-1383A418373A.jpeg

We must’ve been getting quite tired at this point. Because we couldn’t stop giggling at the word “Pooh”! I guess the magic kingdom truly does turn us back into children! We love Winnie the Pooh, and his ride.

After Pooh we found a FP for pirates, so we started making our way towards Adventureland. Along the way we noticed the meet for Merida had just a few people in line. A has always wanted to meet her, but was never willing to stand in the long line she seems to always have. We jumped in line and waited about 5 minutes.
4FF4AFD4-34B8-40F9-B6FE-AE23C2872E07.jpeg

She and A had a nice conversation about how the humidity was really making their hair go crazy. She told me I was lucky to not have much hair. Can’t argue with that!

Now I know those of you who read our last TR are probably thinking,”Loco, where is the orange bird?”. He could’t make the trip this time. Instead A brought a new friend along.
D8E262CA-8BC6-4AD5-8FA7-ADCE6E3B4202.jpeg

Dug! She wanted to bring orange bird as well, but we were only bringing carryons this trip, so space was very limited! Dug will be making an appearance later on.

We eventually made it over to pirates, and had a good ride as usual! We wandered over towards HM next, but it had a 45 minute posted wait, and looked to be pretty accurate, so we continued on into fantasyland.

06950D8B-BC13-49F7-A70B-F1A1C782C43D.jpeg

There was a lonely PP photographer near mermaid, so we gave her something to do for a minute.

Since we were right there, and the ride was a walk on, we headed into the little mermaid. After waving goodbye to Ariel, it was tome to start heading out, as the park was closing soon. We stopped and took a few pics of the fall decorations on the way out

0EA3AB25-FE78-4164-9453-92C3FE6E36BD.jpeg

EA6BE41E-755F-41C7-98C9-1E8C2D77ADFB.jpeg

9F0883CA-9089-466B-9993-1A0259905DAB.jpeg

We had dinner reservations at the poly. The new entrance at MK had us all turned around, and we couldn’t find the resort monorail entrance! We eventually found it and were on our way to the poly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom