Trip Report Two goofs and an orange bird conquer the world.

Hello all!

I’ve finally found a little time to patch together a trip report from our trip in mid June. It was just the wife(A), and I(Dave)on this trip. We started out at Yacht Club, then went down the road to that other place in Orlando for a few days, before finishing up with a stay at the poly. Along the way we laughed, we cried, we survived many storms, and endured some brutal heat! Let the shenanigans begin!

Sunday June 16

We took two days to drive down from Texas, arriving on the 16th. I won’t bore you with the details of our long, mostly boring trip.

81BD0B76-F32E-4F78-A332-CCAE0FDBFBD9.jpeg

We made it on property by mid morning. Our room wasn’t ready, so we headed into Epcot in search of something to eat. We had an early lunch at Les Halles. I had the jambon beurre, and A had a B.L.T. We were super hungry from our morning drive, and didn’t take any pictures. My sandwich was fine, A really liked hers.
9447BAAA-4F55-45DB-898B-325EA9D82E5D.jpeg

We split this thing for dessert. It was delicious!

After lunch we strolled around a very empty world showcase just taking in the sights and sounds of each pavilion. We also came across a few PP photographers along the way

E1274C7C-268F-487B-9162-5957D358B46F.jpeg

2EC3CB32-2CC8-4F44-A996-B898FE3F439F.jpeg

49ACC055-F03A-4E90-9CF0-53FF07EDA8EC.jpeg

41C0D993-2B00-4DFD-A9F7-6FFCB7F82101.jpeg

4E5475AD-AA0B-40FE-8488-0A3522C716F1.jpeg

Notice the increasing amount of sweat on my shirt as we progressed. It was only around 11:45 and it was already sweltering! Also you may notice A is wearing an orange bird backpack in a few photos. The orange bird will be making several appearances later in the report. Some friends of ours bought it for her as a thank you for coming down to photograph their engagement in March, because it was so inconvenient for us to come to Disney! 🤣. Anyways we sent our friends pictures of orange bird doing various activities with us throughout the trip, which will be appearing here later

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Thursday June 27

We slept in(for us) this day. We opted to have an early lunch and just skip breakfast, and decided to head to Epcot.

It was already pretty busy when we arrived, so we went straight to WS, more specifically the France pavilion. We made an early reservation for chefs de France.

We still had a few minutes before lunch when Belle came out to start her meet. A of course insisted we had to meet her.

C319FFF8-BD3B-4E0D-A0E5-E2DA35A19899.jpeg

2F84CE25-FE3F-4114-B69F-C5546EE656A4.jpeg

Despite my face, I was having a good time. Although I was quite hungry at that point.

After belle we checked in to chefs and were seated immediately.

We both decided to do the prix fixe lunch.

A had the lobster bisque, braised beef, and creme brûlée for dessert.
569544ED-5C4E-44E7-ADFF-E52DEE920683.jpeg

A5EE02C0-D5AC-46F9-9516-67AC5426EBF2.jpeg

0F58470B-97DB-4DBE-8445-0337704BDDA5.jpeg

I had the French onion soup(it was so good I forgot to get a picture!), macaroni, with a chocolate dessert that I can’t remember, but appears to no longer be on the menu.

84516713-70A2-4D16-9D0D-C820EAE8EC77.jpeg

68FD76AB-B273-4021-9649-C57433FE0F07.jpeg

C82E0EB7-CC2A-4902-A850-EFE24DDB43A9.jpeg

We both had a martini with our meal.

This ended up being a fantastic meal. Our food was well prepared, and our server was the absolute best waitress we had the entire trip. She was extremely attentive. Because it was so early and the restaurant was still quiet, she spent a lot of time visiting and telling us about her home in France and how she was adjusting to being in Florida.

After lunch we strolled around WS. We were able to catch a performance of Voices of Liberty, and saw the American adventure show.

Since it was our last time in Epcot for the trip we got rides on Soarin, living with the land, and spaceship earth before making our way out. We had big plans at MK that night and needed to get some rest!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Thursday June 27 continued.

We spent quite a while napping/reading in our room before deciding to venture back out to MK for the evening.

We had tickets for the nights villains after hours event! We arrived a few hours before the event started.

As tends to be my habit, we went left at the hub into Adventureland, but I had a real purpose for doing so this time!

BC9EFE43-D937-4DE2-8B9A-6200657F2637.jpeg

We had been traveling around with an orange bird all week, and had yet to visit sunshine tree terrace! I had a citrus swirl float. A shockingly decided not to get anything, she is a huge fan of the citrus swirl though!

After my snack we decided to check out the Swiss family tree house. Neither one of us had ever bothered to explore the treehouse before. It’s a nice little diversion from the crowds, but I won’t be returning during the summer!

We got a FP for jungle cruise and headed there next. We had the absolute best JC skipper I have ever had! Her name was Sammie and her timing and delivery of her jokes was spot on. She had the entire boat laughing and having a good time!

After our cruise we picked up a FP for buzz and wandered over to Tomorrowland.

2ECCB404-2769-4069-AF3D-7419E7C0D09C.jpeg

I almost beat A this time, but she came back at the last second, so I am still winless on buzz!

We were able to walk into the monsters inc. show just before it began. We enjoyed it as usual, my fear of being selected as “that guy” did not come true this time thank goodness!

After monsters inc we got our wristbands for the party, and went to pick up our pass holder ornaments.

055723C6-CAA4-442E-8887-55F6FEA29928.jpeg

Next we headed to fantasyland for another “new to us” attraction.

53FAD5EC-189F-4A17-8701-4A0771470E4C.jpeg

That’s right, having visiting WDW together for years, neither of us had ever been on the carousel! I am now down to two attractions that I have yet to experience. Speedway, and magic carpets. I don’t plan on experiencing either of these any time soon though.

We made our way over to Frontierland as the fireworks were beginning, BTMRR only had a 10 minute posted wait so we hopped in line. It was closer to 15 minutes but not bad! After our ride the park was officially closed and the after hours event had started. We made our way out of Frontierland, and found a snack cart right away. We had some Mickey bars, and some bottled water.

Our first ride of the party was haunted mansion, which was a walk on already.

6A14C68C-161B-4375-905D-2967B363B93F.jpeg

Next we headed into fantasyland. Pan was still about a 20 minute wait, so we took a journey on small world instead!

385337FD-564F-4229-8C82-FA28CE3A000D.jpeg

I don’t make a very convincing scared face apparently!

Most of the next few hours we spent running between attractions, most of which had zero wait time. Here’s the order we did.

Mermaid
Pooh
Dumbo
Astro orbiter
Peoplemover
Buzz
Pan(still had a 10 minute wait)
HM
BTMRR Twice
Splash
Pirates(waited 20 minutes)

We did all of these in about 2 hours! We did not do space mountain, it’s rough enough without being in total darkness, and it had 30 minute wait time posted all night. We also had several Mickey bars, popcorns, and drinks. We only stopped at snack carts with no lines.

E2019805-EA60-4A9A-BE91-1C142DBDA9F2.jpeg

This pirate in the pirates que was my favorite. The live actors didn’t really add much to the attraction though. If I went again I would not wait in the line.

They put on one more performance of the villains show after the party officially ends, and they also run the maleficent float one more time, so we saved those things for the end.

1B311130-AF54-4778-8332-EC768678C3F3.jpeg

I found the show to be very repetitive and boring. I was glad we didn’t spend any of the “official” party time watching this. I did love the different castle projections for each villain though!

9E8B0B1D-C69B-4B9E-9A94-BE0CD42FB9A9.jpeg

The float was actually pretty cool to see at night!

D4261861-5F31-442A-A032-6628A94EC4AE.jpeg

The villains saying goodbye was a nice touch to end the night. We headed out the front gate beyond exhausted. Fortunately they were loading up one of the large boats and managed to get everyone on that was going to grand Floridian and the poly.

We had a blast at the after hours party, but I’m not sure I would do it again, especially if I’m doing a long trip. It was nice to walk around a mostly dead park, doing whatever we wanted. I do miss when you could do that for free at EMH, before those got out of hand. If I had limited park time on a short trip I’d probably do the after hours, preferably without the unnecessary villains theme. However, I certainly enjoyed it more than the Halloween party!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Happy to hear that you two finally got to ride on the carousel. I've always loved that, as I have a soft spot in my heart for the retro rides. :)
I have a soft spot for carousels, so it was really odd I hadn’t done this one! Seems like it was under refurbishment a few times we tried to ride it before.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Friday June 28.

This would be our last full day. After the previous nights adventures we slept quite late this morning. We didn’t have a whole lot planned for the day. We decided to headed over to the contemporary to have a late breakfast.

63F852EC-B8F0-4864-92B5-61F1E939B843.jpeg

Breakfast of champions!

We browsed the gift shops a bit before heading out to the bus stop. We had some afternoon FPs at DHS.

B4BA4509-1350-4C70-9CAC-4A9D97E03057.jpeg

We had to get one last ride on tower of terror of course!

94166112-A8BF-478D-BCCD-CF2743E90B20.jpeg

We were a little bummed we didn’t get to go this attraction as many times as we usually do because of the refurb. But I’m glad it got some needed work done.

We headed over to star tours next. The extreme heat seemed to be making a comeback this day.

942D6689-EA88-4D9F-A3D4-62E2C2384081.jpeg

After star tours we agreed another indoor attraction would be nice. There was a frozen show starting in about 15 minutes. We made it into the show. It was a fun show thanks to everyone’s favorite actor, equity Ben! He really makes the show!

We had a FP for slinky dog we needed to use, so off we went to toy story land. Where we were greeted with massive crowds, and one broken slinky dog!:banghead:

We grabbed a snack at Andy lunch box and decided to wait and see if it would reopen. Unfortunately it continued to show no signs of life, and we finally decided to use the FP on midway mania instead, as we had reservations at liberty tree tavern we would need to get to. We were a little disappointed not to get on slinky this trip, but we got a ton of rides on it during our spring trip so I guess it’s ok!

We headed out of the park. I knew it would be cutting it close for our dinner time if we took the bus to MK. I bit the bullet and we took a mini van to drop us off, I had a 30% off offer from Lyft, so that helped a bit. Lol

We made it LTT right on time.

A728671B-099B-4D21-91D4-6A41EBD5E2C6.jpeg

6D5F9623-8514-43E3-BCBB-DBADD6916EB0.jpeg

E845C8B7-1368-45A1-9FD5-50986B0FE483.jpeg

@Tuvalu this was NOT warm and gooey!

Our meal was quite good, although the dessert did leave a bit to be desired, we had a remedy for that later in the evening.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Good to know. Im always looking for new Mac And Cheeses to try. Call me odd ha!
Oh I love a good Mac and cheese. I wouldn’t dine at liberty tree tavern specifically for that though. I hear homecomin at Disney springs has good Mac and cheese. I may try that one day. Wish it was anywhere but Disney Springs, I do not like the springs.

sdemore

I will never get mac and cheese at a store or restaurant. My family and I will only eat my grandmother's (recipe) mac and cheese. The only thing my adult children ask me to make for holiday meals. I have to make sure to make twice as much as necessary so they have extra to take home!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom