Trip Report Two goofs and an orange bird conquer the world.

Hello all!

I’ve finally found a little time to patch together a trip report from our trip in mid June. It was just the wife(A), and I(Dave)on this trip. We started out at Yacht Club, then went down the road to that other place in Orlando for a few days, before finishing up with a stay at the poly. Along the way we laughed, we cried, we survived many storms, and endured some brutal heat! Let the shenanigans begin!

Sunday June 16

We took two days to drive down from Texas, arriving on the 16th. I won’t bore you with the details of our long, mostly boring trip.

81BD0B76-F32E-4F78-A332-CCAE0FDBFBD9.jpeg

We made it on property by mid morning. Our room wasn’t ready, so we headed into Epcot in search of something to eat. We had an early lunch at Les Halles. I had the jambon beurre, and A had a B.L.T. We were super hungry from our morning drive, and didn’t take any pictures. My sandwich was fine, A really liked hers.
9447BAAA-4F55-45DB-898B-325EA9D82E5D.jpeg

We split this thing for dessert. It was delicious!

After lunch we strolled around a very empty world showcase just taking in the sights and sounds of each pavilion. We also came across a few PP photographers along the way

E1274C7C-268F-487B-9162-5957D358B46F.jpeg

2EC3CB32-2CC8-4F44-A996-B898FE3F439F.jpeg

49ACC055-F03A-4E90-9CF0-53FF07EDA8EC.jpeg

41C0D993-2B00-4DFD-A9F7-6FFCB7F82101.jpeg

4E5475AD-AA0B-40FE-8488-0A3522C716F1.jpeg

Notice the increasing amount of sweat on my shirt as we progressed. It was only around 11:45 and it was already sweltering! Also you may notice A is wearing an orange bird backpack in a few photos. The orange bird will be making several appearances later in the report. Some friends of ours bought it for her as a thank you for coming down to photograph their engagement in March, because it was so inconvenient for us to come to Disney! 🤣. Anyways we sent our friends pictures of orange bird doing various activities with us throughout the trip, which will be appearing here later

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I can’t wait for our next HDD dinner - we go each trip 😀
I’m trying to find a way to fit it into our next trip. But it’s a short trip, so it probably won’t happen. :(

This is mine and my hubbies favorite! I don't eat the salad either... but our corn was delicious last year, very sweet! I didn't touch the baked beans. And we are ruined for shortcake now... if isn't HDDR shortcake, we don't want it! We have it scheduled again this trip... I can't wait!
I’ll take your word on the corn! I’ve never been a fan. The baked beans weren’t bad, but nothing to write home about. The fried chicken however, was phenomenal! And of course the shortcake was great!

;-/ Such a hardship sharing your bed with your wife. Ya realize she has to share her bed with you right? ;-P
😆 She usually likes to have two beds when we travel. I guess I’m not a great sleeper, or I’m just gross. We were both so tired at the end of each day on this trip though, the bed usually looked exactly like it did when we laid down!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Wednesday June 19 continued.

1E2881E5-CDA9-4505-9EEA-AAA68CD6CF55.jpeg

We arrived back at the magic kingdom at sunset. The sky was beautiful after the afternoon storms.

One of our missions on this trip was to experience things that we hadn’t done. One of these things was enchanted tales with belle.

D2F9A6FC-0967-45C3-8EA6-57BF8798B76E.jpeg

I was pleasantly surprised. It’s certainly not my cup of tea, but I thought it was well done, and the talking wardrobe was pretty impressive. A is a huge Belle fan, so she really enjoyed it.

Happily Ever After was starting as we exited enchanted tales. We stopped to watch from behind the castle.

9671A866-E1EC-4405-BCB6-9BACE90CD5B1.jpeg

Sometimes my favorite thing to do is just watch A enjoy things. I’m super lucky to have someone who has the same interests and passions as me. Ok snappiness over.

After the fireworks we went over to dumbo.

46B8B326-E1E2-4635-9CF4-12344473ED4B.jpeg

I’m not sure why I look so grumpy!

I believe we rode Pooh and mermaid before heading to Tomorrowland to finish the evening.

0A1D1B2B-47CE-40AC-95C3-5787769B1857.jpeg

I’m horrible at buzz, so of course A always wants to do it! I still always have fun while losing!

05A16519-B3BC-4DDC-AD24-D8BCD735EDAC.jpeg

We finished the night off with a ride on the peoplemover.

It was an EMH night, but we were both too tired to try and stay all night.

BF664BC4-EADF-4A52-B549-654E1C2C0552.jpeg

We walked through fantasyland and through the castle on our way out.

95828BDB-84E7-4805-9149-3D2792653FA3.jpeg

Here’s a really dark selfie of two tired goofs!

2788F572-0E13-4801-B2F5-EA2E276C355E.jpeg

We bid the castle goodbye and headed to the bus stop. We would be heading off property for a few days to visit the other place down the street the next day.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Thursday June 20-Saturday June 22.

We headed down the road to universal for a few days. When we originally planned this trip, this was to be the start of the trip. After our impromptu march trip became a reality we decided to upgrade to APs, and added the extra days at the beginning of the trip.

We didn’t really take many pictures while at universal so I’ll just sum up my thought here. We were a little disappointed this time. We’d visited twice before, and always had a great time. We found it to be a nice change of pace from Disney, and we both like Harry Potter.

This trip just felt different. I’m sure the extreme heat that set in was probably the main culprit. There were also lots of huge tour groups there that we never could seem to avoid. We stayed at royal pacific, so we had express pass, but even with express pass lines seemed to take forever. Things did get better as the trip went on, and we managed to have some fun, but we aren’t in a hurry to return. Here’s a few photos in no particular order.

7FD527AA-A359-4F8D-A700-04F93A3C9E8A.jpeg

331735BE-DC85-46FE-A8A1-0C645244B268.jpeg

6AA0B293-493C-41FD-8C02-F3A9AA2D3255.jpeg

A beautiful plastic straw!

75048E7D-4948-4706-9976-1EA02DF579F6.jpeg

CE0D490D-BBC3-4B22-AFFC-14D9EC75B36F.jpeg

Selfie fail! The sun showed no mercy!

73679381-F8BC-41B7-814B-69CB05C9119E.jpeg

51F571B7-D96F-4787-AA22-242442C07F47.jpeg

Look @Darstarr yummy guacamole! 🤣

E0684876-DB19-4FB7-8E68-606FFCC45C48.jpeg

The resort area was really pretty.

76F1A0F4-2E7A-4A31-A08E-90766CA2E572.jpeg

A was so excited that there was a jack russell in the animal show! We have one at home, and she was really missing our pup! After the show she went to the stage to get some pets in!

AFBC3D61-7422-485B-A075-0D7A1D5D7324.jpeg

Notice the large amount of sweat on my shirt. This photo was taken at 10 am!

Despite our issues we still had a decent time, but we were ready to get back to the Disney bubble! We would be returning briefly Saturday.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Saturday June 22.

We spent a few hours at universal mostly picking up a few souvenirs for our nephew, and re riding the best attraction they have, E.T.! By this point we were both pretty much done with universal. We both had a few things(socks lol) we needed to get from Walmart before we returned to Disney. We ran by the Walmart before grabbing lunch at UNOs at the crossroads. We had plans for the evening, but had a few hours to kill. What to do?

ABA7100C-24D2-4B5E-BA74-1CCBC1E6E363.jpeg

We had a few passes for mini golf we needed to use!

44FA7FC2-2E0F-4602-B964-D189BE3D4EA0.jpeg

Fantasia gardens were soo hot!

ED528FDD-7EBF-4526-8E83-5D428CFF4085.jpeg

We enjoyed our game. But both of us agreed that winter summerland was the better course. So we headed that way!

4CACDC29-0839-4B47-8C72-841505CF6C04.jpeg

We finished our game on the summer side. No snakes this time!

It was finally time to head to our destination for the night!

58E5D949-E623-49F0-9488-FDFA42B3238F.jpeg

I hadn’t visited typhoon lagoon since I was about 17 years old, and A had never been. We were excited to do this event. We never visit the water parks because standing around in the hot sun waiting for the slides just doesn’t appeal to us, so this event was the perfect opportunity for us to experience it without all of the crowds and heat!

We had a blast! We had done every slide in the park multiple times within the first hour, and spent most of the evening in the ridiculously fun wave pool. We spent the last 45 minutes of the event doing the meet and greets.

B29627ED-90D6-4249-8FA8-5EA07D2516AF.jpeg

Creepy Bo Peep was the super secret surprise AP character greet. Her personality was as lifeless as her eyes.

B1D91EED-00B6-48C1-9A17-7212CFA991A3.jpeg

We always have great interactions with Buzz!

DBF33A70-D166-4CD6-9C98-587C233E3FBB.jpeg

Woody and Jessie were also great!

0273236B-DBF5-46EC-82D4-3E02C32624FC.jpeg

They also had a forky photo op.

We really enjoyed our time at the party! There really weren’t a lot in terms of party exclusive food or entertainment other than the DJ dance party on the beach. I wouldn’t recommend it if those are the reasons you want to go. But it’s an excellent substitute for a day at the water park. We payed around the same price as a full day ticket, and got multiple rides on each slide plus plenty of time in the wave pool and lazy river without having to battle the sun!

We headed back to universal for the night to pack up. We were headed to the poly the next morning for the rest of the trip!

Minnesota disney fan

Following along, late as always. I was intrigued by the name of the thread! Great idea! Sounds like a fun trip. My husband and I always wanted to try the mini golf at that course, but it seemed like alot of trouble to get there. Take one bus, switch to another, etc. Was it as difficult to get to as I imagine it would be? Looked like a lot of fun!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Following along, late as always. I was intrigued by the name of the thread! Great idea! Sounds like a fun trip. My husband and I always wanted to try the mini golf at that course, but it seemed like alot of trouble to get there. Take one bus, switch to another, etc. Was it as difficult to get to as I imagine it would be? Looked like a lot of fun!

To get to winter summerland all you need to do is hop a bus to blizzard beach. They currently have direct busses from the resorts. There’s a short walkway from the bus stop to the course. Fantasia gardens can be a bit more of a hassle if you don’t have a car. You’d have to get a bus to swan then walk over. I’d probably just take an Uber or Lyft. Thanks for following along!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Sunday June 23.

We were up bright and early, ready to head back to the Disney bubble! This was our first time staying at the Polynesian, and first time staying on the monorail. We were pretty excited! It has always been one of our favorite places to visit. We stored our luggage with bell services, and picked up our upgraded magic bands. There were issues getting the bands shipped to our house, so they went to the front desk instead.

280C4826-F97A-4BD7-B384-C87A2BD7FBB3.jpeg

A’s choice.

408F8289-8857-4354-8F68-F1BC88F8FE73.jpeg

I went with the toy story band. These pictures were taken later in the(very hot) day. I promise I didn’t get that sweaty from checking in to a hotel!

We eventually hopped on the monorail to magic kingdom.

C87EDC39-5940-4DF1-8B58-431395587708.jpeg

We were glad to be back “home”!

907FE298-CB3B-4620-87BD-46FF55BF218A.jpeg

Our first fast pass was for space mountain!

5048543F-BD7C-45E8-89F0-F6281D427B9C.jpeg

A looks to be scheming something mischievous. I’m making the face I usually make. I love space, but my goodness it’s getting a little rough for my tastes. This would be our only ride of the trip.

You’ll have to forgive me for my lack of photos from the parks this day. It was seriously so hot, all we really thought about was drinking water, and finding a place inside.

Anyways after space we did CoP. It’s one of our absolute favorites. I believe we headed over to Adventureland next.

77F54B5D-3290-412D-900B-1830F4971728.jpeg

I still don’t know why the put the photo location where they did. Our faces suggest that maybe someone “broke wind” on the boat! 😂

We had a fastpass for splash next.
5B5C015B-6408-44E7-AFA5-1ACEB264ECF0.jpeg

We had a great time as usual. As a bonus we avoided being hit with that stupid water canon at the beginning! Splash mountain is my all time favorite attraction and a must do any time I’m at MK!

After splash we decided to cool down in the country bear jamboree! Being giant dorks and lovers of all things cheesy, this is another must do for us! After country bear it was time to head to lunch at be our guest.

FC49B4DC-ED5F-464B-9B2F-E7499B632566.jpeg

We caught the end of the muppets show on the way to lunch. I was raised on the muppets, and we both love all things muppets!

6A6D9B02-D88D-4AAC-923B-3F25F8CC6D93.jpeg

We checked in to BoG, and were let in quickly. We had placed our orders while waiting for CBJ to start, and were both a bit hangry! This would prove to be a problem.

62697C0B-8E5A-4366-B6ED-6FBE30088509.jpeg

We found a table and waited. And waited. And waited. After 20 minutes a lady came by to check our receipt, and said the food was on its way. She lied. Another 10 minutes goes by and A finally receives her food, but mine is nowhere to be seen. The lady comes by two more times to look at my receipt and tell me my food is on the way. At this point I’m in full on hangry mode. A can see it on my face that I’m about to explode if this lady comes by one more time to tell me my food is on its way, and tries to talk me down. Finally my food arrived after about a 40 minute wait. Needles to say we didn’t have a good experience here. We won’t be back anytime soon. There are no food pictures from here because we were too hungry from waiting! 😡

Mainahman

Sunday June 23.

We were up bright and early, ready to head back to the Disney bubble! This was our first time staying at the Polynesian, and first time staying on the monorail. We were pretty excited! It has always been one of our favorite places to visit. We stored our luggage with bell services, and picked up our upgraded magic bands. There were issues getting the bands shipped to our house, so they went to the front desk instead.

View attachment 396370
A’s choice.

View attachment 396371
I went with the toy story band. These pictures were taken later in the(very hot) day. I promise I didn’t get that sweaty from checking in to a hotel!

We eventually hopped on the monorail to magic kingdom.

View attachment 396372
We were glad to be back “home”!

View attachment 396374
Our first fast pass was for space mountain!

View attachment 396373
A looks to be scheming something mischievous. I’m making the face I usually make. I love space, but my goodness it’s getting a little rough for my tastes. This would be our only ride of the trip.

You’ll have to forgive me for my lack of photos from the parks this day. It was seriously so hot, all we really thought about was drinking water, and finding a place inside.

Anyways after space we did CoP. It’s one of our absolute favorites. I believe we headed over to Adventureland next.

View attachment 396375
I still don’t know why the put the photo location where they did. Our faces suggest that maybe someone “broke wind” on the boat! 😂

We had a fastpass for splash next.
View attachment 396376
We had a great time as usual. As a bonus we avoided being hit with that stupid water canon at the beginning! Splash mountain is my all time favorite attraction and a must do any time I’m at MK!

After splash we decided to cool down in the country bear jamboree! Being giant dorks and lovers of all things cheesy, this is another must do for us! After country bear it was time to head to lunch at be our guest.

View attachment 396377
We caught the end of the muppets show on the way to lunch. I was raised on the muppets, and we both love all things muppets!

View attachment 396378
We checked in to BoG, and were let in quickly. We had placed our orders while waiting for CBJ to start, and were both a bit hangry! This would prove to be a problem.

View attachment 396379
We found a table and waited. And waited. And waited. After 20 minutes a lady came by to check our receipt, and said the food was on its way. She lied. Another 10 minutes goes by and A finally receives her food, but mine is nowhere to be seen. The lady comes by two more times to look at my receipt and tell me my food is on the way. At this point I’m in full on hangry mode. A can see it on my face that I’m about to explode if this lady comes by one more time to tell me my food is on its way, and tries to talk me down. Finally my food arrived after about a 40 minute wait. Needles to say we didn’t have a good experience here. We won’t be back anytime soon. There are no food pictures from here because we were too hungry from waiting! 😡
this place is on our bucket list, but after hearing this, ill stick to our must do and hit up caseys in september.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
this place is on our bucket list, but after hearing this, ill stick to our must do and hit up caseys in september.
Maybe they were having a bad day? I don’t know, it wasn’t a great time. I believe @Tuvalu had similar issues around that same time period if I’m remembering correctly, so it may be a normal occurrence. Oddly enough I’ve never set foot in Casey’s Corner. I’ll have to change that someday.

Mainahman

Maybe they were having a bad day? I don’t know, it wasn’t a great time. I believe @Tuvalu had similar issues around that same time period if I’m remembering correctly, so it may be a normal occurrence. Oddly enough I’ve never set foot in Casey’s Corner. I’ll have to change that someday.
i always end up eating with my eyes, and my stomach pays. Something about a foot long dog covered in mac and cheese just makes me feel like im 5 again, and can eat anything. it was a first for us last march, and now is a go to.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Sunday June 23 continued.

After our very lengthy lunch we headed back out into fantasyland. Lines were getting pretty long, and we hadn’t received our room ready text yet. Needing to kill some time and escape the heat, we headed to philharmagic!
36B981CF-5A59-4414-90BC-71A168E119A6.jpeg

Our show was packed, probably due to the heat. The show was fun as always!

I got the room ready text during philharmagic, but we had one more FP to use before heading to our room.

40B522E6-14BE-40BC-90E7-E0F29A7B4A49.jpeg

It was time for the wildest ride in the wilderness! We had a blast as usual! After our ride, it was time to escape the heat for a bit. We hopped a monorail back to the poly.

We were in Rarotonga room 3803. Another king room. Disney must think I really like my wife! 😂

Hers a few pics from the balcony

30C2A787-3262-44A1-A99A-227456ED8160.jpeg

3AE504BA-9CAE-49FE-B728-F8DFC61B5930.jpeg

I really liked the location of the room. It was conveniently located near both pools, and right next to great ceremonial house. After napping for a few hours we headed back to the magic kingdom.

The flag retreat ceremony was about to begin when we arrived, so we decided to watch.

E5332D7C-4683-4C8B-A631-6A1C4F5C2F4C.jpeg

299E47E2-66D3-4122-8F45-147B0AD5A343.jpeg

It was a really awesome ceremony! I highly recommended taking this in to anyone who hasn’t done it!

We grabbed a FP for jungle cruise on the way over, so we headed there next. I can’t remember our skipper from this trip, but she had a very dry sense of humor. After our cruise I was feeling a little hungry. Not wanting another hangry situation I made an order at aloha isle.

043B72CB-0501-41BB-84DB-445C2591FCA6.jpeg

So good! We split this, as we weren’t too far from our dinner reservation.

We spent the rest of our time in MK browsing various shops, trying not to get too sweaty before dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom