Twirl week and Brazilians...

So the family and I just returned from five days and six nights at Pop Century Resort. And while I wasn't planning on really doing a trip report, a friend convinced me that maybe I should share my thoughts. So here goes...

Before I left, I had discovered that we would be there during Twirl Week. So I call a CM and ask about switching to another hotel in the moderate category since the Twirlers would be staying at Pop Century. Told that everything was booked solid but they'd see about putting me somewhere quiet at Pop (I'm currently working on my MBA so after leaving the parks at the end of the day I would need to work on schoolwork). So Wednesday morning rolls around and off we go.

After a five hour drive, we arrive at our hotel. Since we did online check-in, I figured it wouldn't take us long to get our keys and head to the parks. Wrong. Apparently something screwed up in the computer and it took a good 30 minutes before everything was straightened out. Not a good start. So we finally get our keys and then listen to an explanation on how the RFID keys work. Not being exactly technology illiterate, I politely listened and the headed for the room afterwards.

After a quick unload of our car we were off to see the Magic Kingdom and New Fantasyland. The line for the bus was pretty long so we didn't make the first one but managed to get on the second. When we arrive and get to the front gate, I notice the new RFID card readers on the right. So we head over there and touch our cards to the readers. The process was pretty simple and didn't take much time at all. After a quick stop to get a GAC for our son, we were off. Since we were a bit hungry we decided to head to Casey's Corner for a hot dog. First thing we notice is the place is PACKED. It took a good 15 minutes just to place our order. Then after getting our food there was nowhere to sit. So I basically carried around our trays for another five minutes until a spot opened up inside. I'd heard great things about the hot dogs there but thought they were average at best. Of course, I do live in the heart of Georgia and have access to one of the best hot dog chains in the world...Nu-Way. So maybe I am just spoiled but I wasn't impressed. With our bellies full we head to new Fantasyland.

One the way to New Fantasyland, my son spots his favorite ride...Winnie the Pooh. So In we go for our first ride of the day. As we're on the ride my son is smiling and laughing, which always brings me joy. Being autistic, he often has a tough time and I've learned to really cherish these moments. So a quick ride on Pooh and we're off to explore New Fantasyland.

To be continued...

Runmyhorse

Jumping up and down with my hand in the air...I know, I know! We were there during the same time frame the Brazilians were EVERYWHERE!!! Literally... we were lucky enough to get to the parks early and out before it became overwhelming. My only complaint was their lack of respect for older people when on the buses. Breathe in breathe out....this really gripes me. Wait wait and when they sprawl out in the lobbys leaving very little room for a path from one door to the next!

Dont get me started on our encounter with the famous brizillians. I would have kicked or steped on them.its what they would have done to you. I say give them back what they do maybe they will get better. Yeah right.:(

Glad to see some fellow Nu-Way fans here. I've had hot dogs just about everywhere (including many of New York's best) and I haven't yet found the equal of Nu-Way. Making me hungry thinking about it...

Teds in buffalo and heirs of Liverpool in syracuse are easily the best dogs I've had. However I'll drive to Macon to try yours.

The brands are shalens and Hoffman hot dogs. A street vendor in atl sells the Hoffman ones

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom