Twin Trip Report: Confusing Cast Members across the World

I should preface this trip report with a little bit of background. Back in the fall of 2007 I did the college program at Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland. My friend Josephine and I look nothing alike, but we act just the same and our managers constantly called us each other's names. Here’s a picture of us during our program:

6889214681_099d2fdbe9.jpg

Anyway, we’ve kept in touch and planned an impromptu visit back to the world. I’ve been back quite a few times, but Josephine had not been back since our program ended.

She lives in Boston and I live in Connecticut, so we decided to meet up in Orlando. Josephine’s flight went off without a hitch, but I was not so lucky. My flight on southwest was routed through Chicago when it was hit by a snowstorm that nearly closed the airport. My flight was delayed by 3 hours and I was told it had a 50/50 chance of being cancelled. So I dug deep and bought a ticket on US Airways. I found out the next day that my flight was not canceled, but was delayed from an 11:30 PM arrival in Orlando to 4 AM. Since I knew that I’m probably flying Southwest in October when my family is going on our Disney trip, I was very happy with my decision.

With our little car rented from Hertz, we drove to our hotel. My friend works at Universal Orlando and was able to get us a fantastic deal at the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel. The hotel was nice, as was the bar, but my only gripe is that it did not have a fridge or microwave. Then again, my family has the DVC so I’m used to a full kitchen as well! We settled in for the night and planned on spending the morning in Hollywood Studios the next day.

Hollywood Studios was fairly dead that morning (Saturday) and we were able to get on all of the major rides early on in the day. We were also able to meet up with our friends who worked in the park and say hi.

6889214575_4a7f1be2b6.jpg

Since we were both underage during our CP, we decided we needed to drink around the world. Alas, I was the designated driver and merely sampled the different alcohols around the world showcase. We ran in to Mulan in China and had to take a picture with her in Warrior Pose.

6889217763_f9e3106b9b.jpg

Then it was off farther around the lake for Sake in Japan and Guiness in the UK. When I go in October I plan on trying the Strongbow hard cider! Then we drove over to Magic Kingdom to end the night where we lived for 5 months. Of course we ended up getting stuck on Mansion for awhile. Luckily it was in the ballroom scene so I could play with my camera!

6889219143_3ef0a26bb9.jpg

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
That ended our first day back in Orlando! The next day, Sunday, we were going to Universal Orlando to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Josephine had just finished reading all of the books for the first time as well as the movies and was super excited. Because we were staying onsite at Universal, we were allowed into the park an hour early.

6889221255_085e87867c.jpg

6889223405_ef53af6dcc.jpg

Besides the Forbidden Journey, I absolutely love this area of Universal. Its so freaking photogenic. I have a ton of pictures if anyone wants to see them. Everything in the park was a 20 minute or less wait (except for Rip, Rock, and Ride It), and was even less since we received express pass with our room key! I had an amazing time geeking out with my friend who works on Forbidden Journey about how the ride works and the way Universal runs its attractions as opposed to Disney. My only complaint is the number of surveys in the park! Before we met up with my friend who worked there, we were asked to do four different surveys. And they weren’t exactly the nicest. In fact, they were outright pushy!

Monday was our last full day in Orlando and our plan was to spend half of the day in Magic Kingdom. Our first stop was, of course, fantasyland. We happened across Lady Tremaine and her beautiful daughters. Quick Story: When Josephine and I went to Disneyland right after our program. Being the ridiculous people we are, we took over 120 pictures with fastpass. Looking at them a bit later, we noticed Cinderella had an odd expression. We named her Awkward Cindy and have been recreating that look with characters ever since. This is the original picture:

6889211473_3dfd7653f1.jpg

And this is the picture we took with Lady Tremaine and her daughters:

6889226167_e1804ccdf4.jpg

The original picture always gets a laugh out of characters and their attendants. It’s just a phone photo to recreate as well! We spent the rest of the morning in Magic Kingdom, riding everything, and then headed to Animal Kingdom for a little while. We rode Dinosaur, E:E, and saw Festival of the Lion King in about 2 hours. So we stopped by the Tree of Life to take a departing picture:

6889229195_cba27903dd.jpg

In the Awkward Cindy pose of course. We headed back to Magic Kingdom to spend the rest of our day and to see Wishes. Most of our time was spent wandering around the park and meeting up with friends. We parked by the carousel to watch wishes and then moved to the front to watch the Magic, Memories, and You! Here we took a classic picture in front of the castle.

6889231377_113985ea83.jpg

Our last day was going to be entirely at Magic Kingdom finding characters and wandering around. My camera was packed away so I didn’t really get any pictures.

I hope you enjoyed my trip report! I’m still debating about my next trip. I’m being sent to San Diego for work and planning on staying the weekend after the work portion and was thinking about a trip up to Disneyland. The only possible problem is that it would be a solo trip. I’ve done a solo trip to wdw, but I’m not sure how Disneyland would be. Has anyone done a solo trip to Disneyland?

erstwo

Great TR!

You are both too cute! Love the Cindy pose!

Question - what are y'all pushing in that first picture??? Are those strollers that were left behind??? That one jogging stroller is worth upwards of $300.

As far as solo Disneyland trips - Disney Falcon (Tammy) has! She wrote a trip report about her solo trip to Disneyland - search at the top and see if it pulls up!

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Great TR!

You are both too cute! Love the Cindy pose!

Question - what are y'all pushing in that first picture??? Are those strollers that were left behind??? That one jogging stroller is worth upwards of $300.

As far as solo Disneyland trips - Disney Falcon (Tammy) has! She wrote a trip report about her solo trip to Disneyland - search at the top and see if it pulls up!

Thanks! Yeah, people would leave strollers and even wheelchairs all over Fantasyland and we'd dutifully cart them over to Lost and Found.

I'll have to search for that trip report! It looks like I have to book my flights soon for work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom