TWDC will be launching a new sub-brand focused on Disney Animals

brb1006

Original Poster
Disney will be launching a new sub-brand in 2019 similar to "Disney Princess" and "Disney Villains" (Only close to the Halloween season) called Disney Animals. The brand will focus on Disney films that are animal focused (Bambi, Lady and The Tramp, The Aristocats, 101 Dalmations etc).

brb1006

Original Poster
I found this photo from a now deleted tweet when the "Disney Animals" sub-brand was revealed. Excuse the ant sized picture, since I cant find a bigger version of this picture. But it was from a Disney presentation in France a few days ago.
WQW1lem.jpg

brb1006

Original Poster
It's been two years since the announcement, I guess Disney quietly shelved the "Disney Animals" brand. For those unfamiliar, it was announced in France at an event called Rendez-vous Des Partenaires 2018 ("RDVDisney2018") where concept art for "Star Wars Resistance" was shown off.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It's been two years since the announcement, I guess Disney quietly shelved the "Disney Animals" brand. For those unfamiliar, it was announced in France at an event called Rendez-vous Des Partenaires 2018 ("RDVDisney2018") where concept art for "Star Wars Resistance" was shown off.

Too broad. The Princess brand was more focused. The Animals brand felt like a reach. I can see why it didn't take off. A focus specifically on cartoon cats and dogs (and other cute critters) would have been a better choice. A "Disney Paws" brand or something.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They did that. Each princess got a dog based on them.

If that's the extent of their marketing efforts than Disney has seriously dropped the ball. When one considers an entire arsenal of movies featuring cats and dogs and other pawed animated animals. Such a waste of a "brand".

brb1006

Original Poster
They did that. Each princess got a dog based on them.
I vividly remember when Disney tried making a male counterpart to the Disney Princess brand called "Disney Heroes" between 2004 and 2005 aimed at boys. It focused on male Disney protagonists and heroic characters from their animals films.

Such as King Arthur and Merlin from Sword in The Stone
KingArthursCatapult-Front.jpg

s-l1600.png

Robin Hood

RobinHoodTreehouse-Front.jpg

RobinHoodsCart-Front.jpg

Peter Pan
s-l1600.jpg

And Hercules and Tarzan

It didn't last long due to "Disney Heroes" selling very poorly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom