TV Stands in front of Disney attractions??

KG_WDW

Original Poster
On my first visit to Magic Kingdom when I was like 4-5 years old and it was during the 100 Years of Magic celebration, I have this weird memory of TV stands that were promoting movies or shows that the attraction was based on. For example, I have a memory of a TV stand that was showing clips of Winnie the Pooh movies and shows at the entrance of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride. Can anyone confirm this was a thing? Or did I just imagine all of this? 😂

Tom Morrow

On my first visit to Magic Kingdom when I was like 4-5 years old and it was during the 100 Years of Magic celebration, I have this weird memory of TV stands that were promoting movies or shows that the attraction was based on. For example, I have a memory of a TV stand that was showing clips of Winnie the Pooh movies and shows at the entrance of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride. Can anyone confirm this was a thing? Or did I just imagine all of this? 😂
I've been going since before the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh existed, and I don't remember ever seeing anything like this. Perhaps your memories are crossing the promotional material played on resort TVs with park memories?

InnKpr

Six Flags parks do this (or used to, as I remember).
There would be TV stands near the ride entrance, and spread along the queue area for guests to watch as they're waiting.

Usually promoted the latest big movie from Warner Bros., or played classic Looney Tunes and music videos.

Maybe your memory is visioning those and thinking they were at Disney (?) Though if it was Winnie The Pooh material you remember seeing, then it definitely wasn't at a SF park.

JIMINYCR

Never saw TV stands in the parks. If you do a search for the attraction you can find various photos of the entrance and area around it from that time and other years and there are no TV stands as you describe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some of the Studios waiting areas had ceiling mounted CRT monitors - before and during the water effects area for example. Although undercover these were outside places. Maybe this is what you’re thinking of ?

Goofyernmost

Don't feel bad. You are human and when you are young your memory quite often merges images that were not exactly accurate. Perhaps your parents had ordered one of the Disney Planning Videos and you may have seen it there. I know I had my young grandchildren watch one over and over and over again because they loved it so much.

Back a few years ago I mentioned that when someone reflects back, especially if the reflection was from childhood, they will get disappointed in what they experience as an adult even though it is exactly the same. WDW is a giant, exciting visual blur to a kid. The colors are brighter, the attractions are bigger, the smells are clearer, the lights are exciting and it is just a fun place to be. Then we go back having a huge dose of real life and even though it is still fun, that vision of innocence is gone and we see the flaws as well as the magic and think the place is falling apart.

mf1972

i remember at one point they had tvs hanging at the bus stops running clips about the particular park you’re visiting or leaving. helped pass the time while waiting for the return bus.

thomas998

i remember at one point they had tvs hanging at the bus stops running clips about the particular park you’re visiting or leaving. helped pass the time while waiting for the return bus.
And while I don't remember any at MK, I do remember that they did have some in some of the ride cues at California Adventure 10 or so years ago showing trailers for an upcoming Disney movie... So it is possible the OP is getting some memories from different parks and rides mixed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom