TV Sitcom Star John Ritter Dies

blm07

Original Poster
John Ritter and Johnny Cash died

12 minutes ago

Emmy award-winning actor John Ritter (news), who gained fame playing bumbling and lovable characters in two television comedies decades apart, has died, a representative said on Friday.

Ritter collapsed on Thursday evening while filming "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter," the ABC television comedy which had reinvigorated his career and was a centerpiece of the network's upcoming fall season.

Full Story
-----------------------------------------------

Man I just started watching Three's Company a couple months ago, and I've always loved the movie Stay Tuned, so I was shocked to hear this! He was a cool person.

blm07

Original Poster
Country Singer Johnny Cash Dies at 71

Johnny Cash, a towering figure in American music spanning country, rock and folk and known worldwide as "The Man in Black," has died, according to hospital officials in Nashville, Tenn. He was 71.

"Johnny died due to complications from diabetes, which resulted in respiratory failure," said Cash's manager, Lou Robin, in a press release issued by Baptist Hospital in Nashville.

full story

ISTCrew20

JOHNNY CASH!!??....That dude that was supposed to be at the VMA's? I know he couldnt make it because he was sick then too. Wow, thats crazy, and I loved 8 Simple Rules too. :(

RozFan

I hate waking up to news like this.

Though I didn't know much about Johnny Cash I was a fan of John Ritters. Both will be missed greatly. :(

meeko_33785

That's unbelievable. John Ritter wasn't that old so that's really a shock. 8 Simple Rules is my favorite show on TV today so I'm sad to hear he's gone.

Maria

I didn´t know who John Ritter was until I opened that link and what a shock! I liked him very much! ...and he was only 54! :cry:

mr snrub

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
JOHNNY CASH!!??....That dude that was supposed to be at the VMA's? I know he couldnt make it because he was sick then too.

that isnt the only way you know of johnny cash.. is it? :(

but as far as this whole john ritter thing, i was completley shocked.

warren zevon
johnny cash
john ritter

always in threes :(

monorail256

Wow.. I heard that they both had died this morning on the radio. I didn't believe it. Such talents.. 8 simple rules was one of my favorite shows... It was really one of the good family shows STILL on tv. Nowadays all thats on TV are reality shows or police dramas (not that there is anything bad with them, I used to be a fan of NYPD Blue).

darthdarrel

I heard something about one of the band members of Jewel dieing too. It`s so sad to hear about these deaths they were so talented,they will be greatly missed.

tigsmom

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I heard something about one of the band members of Jewel dieing too. It`s so sad to hear about these deaths they were so talented,they will be greatly missed.

Heard that too. She cancelled the rest of her tour.

ogryn

OK, being a bit out of the loop here (over the Atlantic), I didn’t really know who John Ritter was. So why am I bringing this thread back? Well, 8 Simple Rules has just started on the ABC1 channel over here, so I have been watching one of the best sitcoms I have seen in ages. What makes it so special? It was the chemistry between John and his other actors, as well as his instinctive comic timing.

The channel has only been up and running for just over a week, yet I simply love it. It has a general appeal, and the character Paul is bumbling, yet lovable. You can tell deep down that he loves his family so much, even if he can’t always admit it.

Being an 8SR… addict now, I settled down in front of The Disney Channel, where they are showing all new episodes. Tonight’s was the one just after John had died. I admit it, I cried (man cry though, just a little tear). It was such a moving show, and brought home how important he was to the show, and how sad it was that he had died.

Rest in Peace John Ritter. I, for one, miss you.

Erika

ogryn said:
OK, being a bit out of the loop here (over the Atlantic), I didn’t really know who John Ritter was. So why am I bringing this thread back? Well, 8 Simple Rules has just started on the ABC1 channel over here, so I have been watching one of the best sitcoms I have seen in ages. What makes it so special? It was the chemistry between John and his other actors, as well as his instinctive comic timing.

The channel has only been up and running for just over a week, yet I simply love it. It has a general appeal, and the character Paul is bumbling, yet lovable. You can tell deep down that he loves his family so much, even if he can’t always admit it.

Being an 8SR… addict now, I settled down in front of The Disney Channel, where they are showing all new episodes. Tonight’s was the one just after John had died. I admit it, I cried (man cry though, just a little tear). It was such a moving show, and brought home how important he was to the show, and how sad it was that he had died.

Rest in Peace John Ritter. I, for one, miss you.

I'm glad you're getting to know his work. He was such a beloved actor. He was great on 8 Simple Rules. Now we need to get you watching Three's Company!

lamarvenoy

Not to be disrespectful or offending but I don't see it. He was a decent- maybe middle of the road physical comedy actor in three's company and his newer show 8-something. With not much more than a few failed series and b-movies in between the 25 years. It seemed after he died he was a critically acclaimed actor and was all over the place but as seems to be the trend in our media...he was MUCH more popular in death than in life. Again, not to offend this just bothers me. Life should be celebrated and the media should stop playing on emotions.-------------I almost didn't post this because I didn't want to offend anyone ESPECIALLY Erika because she is such a sweety and big hearted person but I just wanted to say it when he passed but thought it was too sensative of a time. PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME!!!!!! PM me if you are offended and I will remove this post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom