Tutto Italia : your reviews

LarryStoken

Original Poster
Have never made it to Tutto Italia as of yet. I went to Alfredo's a few times before it closed and it was always decent but have yet to try its replacement. How does it measure up? My wife is FBI, so she has a discerning palate when it comes to Italian cuisine.

zurgandfriend

First I’m FBI also so I am picky about Italian restaurants as well. DW and I went to Alfredo’s years ago on our honeymoon and we hated it, bad service, major attitude from the server and as DW said we have a lot better places in the North End of Boston. We never went there again until our last trip when DS wanted pasta.
We really enjoyed the food and the service this time. The food was very good; DS gave 2 thumbs up on the spaghetti. The Bugie/Chiacchere dessert was just like my Mom and Nona used to make. There was a big difference in service too. The server asked where we were from. When I said Boston he said “There are lots of Italians in Boston” so I told him our last name which ends with a vowel. I then had a friend for the rest of the time we were there.

Figment632

This should be interesting because I have heard nothing but negative reports about this one. I have never eaten here before, but I have always wanted to.

I will be very interested to hear all of your inputs.

JoMarch

I used to love the restaurants in Epcot. I always felt it was special to have dinner in one. Lately, I've been more fond of my dining experiences at the different Disney hotel restaurants.

I ate in Tutto Italia on September 17th, I have to say, I liked it! Now granted, you can probably have an incredible Italian meal anywhere else, but I thought it was a good meal...and not totally generic like the Olive Garden. Also, I felt the service was really good.

ann0d

My sister ate there in September and she said - and I quote

"we both ordered the lasagne, and I kid you not, it tasted just like Chef boy-r-dee's out of the can. It was a good thing, I like Chef-boy-r-dees or I would have really been ed!"

I personally, will never forget eating at Alfredo's on opening day of EPCOT. OMG the lasagna was to die for, and dessert was delicous too!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Have never made it to Tutto Italia as of yet. I went to Alfredo's a few times before it closed and it was always decent but have yet to try its replacement. How does it measure up? My wife is FBI, so she has a discerning palate when it comes to Italian cuisine.

We were not impressed. I won't go as far as saying it is "bad". But we won't go back.

PrincessEilonwy

...My wife is FBI, so she has a discerning palate when it comes to Italian cuisine.

First I’m FBI also ...

For a moment, I thought you were saying you were with the bureau...

Full Blooded Italian, I should have assumed...lol got it, right? :lol:

Anyway, my review:

My hubby and have visited Tutto twice now and have found the food to be delectable. The first time we were on the original dining plan (hooray for appetizers being included! Boo for only desserts!) We had an amazing Antipasto which combined with the already delicious complimentary bread and pickles was Heaven. I had the most silky, light and fluffy lasagna that I had ever experienced. My hubby had an out of this world Pesto, with potatoes and some green beans which since has left the menu.

The second time, we had the steak and veal, which were very good. The over the top moment was the dessert (glad it WAS on the DP!) [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Copetta Sotto Bosco [/FONT] WOW! It made our hearts sing.

Even though we were seated outside, our waiting staff was very attentive and helpful. I had never been to Alfredo's so I cannot compare, yet I was never excited about the menu of Alfredo's either. I have noticed for those who had loved Alfredo's, Tutto seems to be the slimehole of the earth with food comparable only to Alpo. I guess I missed something!

Nonetheless, I think Tutto Italia is a great, richly decorated place and the food has been consistantly wonderful. :sohappy:

worldfanatic

Alfredo's was wonderful - Tutto (my opinion, others will disagree) is garbage. For reference? I'm 2nd generation Sicilian... my Aunt Rose would have torched Tutto if she were still alive :)

I generally trust Trotsky's thoughts on the nicer Disney restaurants.
There was no holding back on this opinion.:lol:

In 18 years going to WDW, I've still never eaten in the Epcot Italian restaurant. I was planning on finally trying it next summer.
Sounds like it might be wise to wait until they change it over again. I've heard a lot of negative things. But who knows?
Does it at least still have a nice atmosphere and the roaming singers?

PrincessEilonwy

I don't mean anything in disrespect to those who have reviewed Tutto comparing it to Alfredo's

But, it is always those who love Alfredo's who denounce Tutto with a hateful passion. I see it all the time on AllEars and other fourms.

Maybe there's something I miss about it, but it sure tastes much different than Chef-Boy-Ardee (which I do eat) and I cannot say that I am even remotely Italian.

There are many Italian restaurants both good and bad that I have frequented. I have had good Lasagna and bad Lasagna. I have also had Franco American canned Lasanga as well as Stouffers Lasagna (Yes, college days.)

Tutto isn't god awful bad, ok. It may not be Alfredo's as some may wish it to be, but I definitely had good food both times I went there.

And no, I don't work for them. :animwink:

celticfan

We ate there last year in April. The food was OK, but not anything special. The service was the same, not bad, but nothing special. I live near Boston and can find much better Italian food in dozens of places near the city. I also thought it was very expensive for Italian food. With all the other good choices in Epcot, I would not go back.

disneyfan56

My husband and I ate there in late May. The food and service were excellent.

Oh, and for the record, we disliked everything about Alfredo's. We only ate there once and then shunned it for nearly 10 years, until it changed hands.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We at there on our current trip and it was great. The wait staff ALL helped. I got a refill everytime my drink was half empty. Usually it was a different waiter everytime. The service, the dinner (steak) and dessert (chocolate cake) were really really good.

OklaHoops

Alfredos

One of our special treats was to eat at Alfredos everytime we came to WDW. We were sorry to see it go and now that we tried Tuttos:hurl: in August it confirmed my feelings the Alfredos will be missed.

Nikki M

I would advise that you go elsewhere. We ate there last year and the lasagna tasted like Chef Boyardee. Nasty. It makes Tony's look like an Italian version of Victoria and Alberts.

Bring back Alfredo's! Bring back Alfredo's!

EvilQueen-T

i'd only eaten at alfredo's once and we really liked the pasta with the mussels/seafood and vodka sauce. we don't like the new place. if you're looking for italian at wdw then i'd head over to the swan and eat at Il Mulino New York Trattoria.

radioandy

For a moment, I thought you were saying you were with the bureau...

Full Blooded Italian, I should have assumed...lol got it, right? :lol:

Thanks clearing that up. I thought it was some kind of slur, like if you're FBI you're always staking out crooks in Italian restaurants.

:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom