Tutto Italia vs Tutto Gusto

Richie248

Both are great for adults, Tutto is a traditional sit-down restaurant while Gusto is more lounge like. I found the service at Gusto to be lacking but I believe they share the same kitchen/some menu items.

HeartOfTeFiti

Original Poster
Thanks to all who replied. We always enjoy Trattoria al Forno, and Il Mulino is probably our favorite restaurant on property. Trying to decide if adding a third Italian restaurant makes sense. It would need to be very good :)

jaklgreen

When we were there a few months ago, they said that Tutto Gusto is serving the same menu as Tutto Italia, they were just using it as overflow seating. Not sure if it has gone back to normal yet. You were not allowed to just go there and hang out at the bar.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
Looks like I'm in the minority but I love Tutto Gusto! I go pretty regularly on my trips. I just love the cozy cellar atmosphere and the fact that you don't need a reservation. I know things have changed a little due to covid but I hope that it goes back to being a no-reservation lounge soon!

bee

Thanks to all who replied. We always enjoy Trattoria al Forno, and Il Mulino is probably our favorite restaurant on property. Trying to decide if adding a third Italian restaurant makes sense. It would need to be very good :)
IMO Il Mulino is superior to any of the Italian restaurants on property, including Trattoria, although it's been awhile since I've been there. We did Tutto Italia once and it was fine but overpriced and underwhelming. However, we go to Tutto Gusto almost every trip. Gusto does not take reservations but I have only waited more than five minutes for a table/couch once. They have lots of wines, beers, and cocktails available with a limited-but still delicious-menu. The two do share a kitchen and some of the dishes from Italia are available at Gusto, but since Gusto is more of a lounge the food menu leans more lounge-y (appetizers, sandwiches, etc. instead of hot pasta dishes). I say go to Gusto for drinks and maybe apps, but don't plan for a whole dinner at either.

HeartOfTeFiti

Original Poster
IMO Il Mulino is superior to any of the Italian restaurants on property, including Trattoria, although it's been awhile since I've been there. We did Tutto Italia once and it was fine but overpriced and underwhelming. However, we go to Tutto Gusto almost every trip. Gusto does not take reservations but I have only waited more than five minutes for a table/couch once. They have lots of wines, beers, and cocktails available with a limited-but still delicious-menu. The two do share a kitchen and some of the dishes from Italia are available at Gusto, but since Gusto is more of a lounge the food menu leans more lounge-y (appetizers, sandwiches, etc. instead of hot pasta dishes). I say go to Gusto for drinks and maybe apps, but don't plan for a whole dinner at either.
Thanks @bee , exactly what I was looking for.
To be clear, I know that Trattoria isn't on the same level as Il Mulino, food wise or service wise. We enjoy them both for different reasons. We stay at Boardwalk (inn or villas) more often than anywhere else. It lacks a true quick service location and Trattoria serves as a reliable step up from the food kiosks and pizza window.
Thanks again for the contrast on Italia vs Gusto. I think we'll go with Tutto Gusto.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom