Tusker House or Tiffins?

mdcpr

Original Poster
I need help. I'm having a hard time if I want Tusker House or Tiffins for lunch. We're a family of 4, the kids are 10 and 12 and are not picky eaters. Both places offer food that the family would love. Originally I had the Tusker House River of Light lunch package and Tiffins for dinner, but I decided to only keep one so we can go to Satuli's Canteen (sp?) for dinner. I'm having a really tough time with this decision. Mindhive, what do you think?

Tony the Tigger

I need help. I'm having a hard time if I want Tusker House or Tiffins for lunch. We're a family of 4, the kids are 10 and 12 and are not picky eaters. Both places offer food that the family would love. Originally I had the Tusker House River of Light lunch package and Tiffins for dinner, but I decided to only keep one so we can go to Satuli's Canteen (sp?) for dinner. I'm having a really tough time with this decision. Mindhive, what do you think?

Do you want to stuff your face at a buffet for lunch and go back to the room for a nap? Then Tusker. We think it’s one of the best buffets on property as far as variety and fewer “standard boring” options. OTOH, it’s a $100 lunch check for two people with a drink each, if I recall.

Tiffins - I love it, have eaten there many times since it opened. You might not be stuffed afterwards, but it’s a higher quality meal than Tusker. Obviously, a more limited menu. I’d review the kid’s menu first.

mdcpr

Original Poster
Do you want to stuff your face at a buffet for lunch and go back to the room for a nap? Then Tusker. We think it’s one of the best buffets on property as far as variety and fewer “standard boring” options. OTOH, it’s a $100 lunch check for two people with a drink each, if I recall.

Tiffins - I love it, have eaten there many times since it opened. You might not be stuffed afterwards, but it’s a higher quality meal than Tusker. Obviously, a more limited menu. I’d review the kid’s menu first.
I don’t want to stuff my face during a meal, I don’t want to leave hungry either. :). As for the kids menu, Tiffins looks pretty good. I want to make sure I don’t miss out on the best dining at AK since it’s also the last day of our trip.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Depends on your meal expectations and food preferences. The decor in Tiffins dining area is delightful, the service wonderful but the food while inspired and inventive isn't more than just average. Tuskers is good average Central and Southern Africa inspired but still mostly homogenized American styled of food.

Jon81uk

I went to Tiffins before Rivers of Light opened and for me it disappointed, flavours promised in the menu weren't really present and the service was too formal (I don't think it helped that the restaurant was nearly empty). I haven't done Tusker House since about 2010 but we loved it, lots of great food and fun to try lots of options on the buffet.

Kevin_W

I think this post sums it up well. Tusker house is really good, but I tend to avoid buffets because they encourage me to over eat (and overpay!). We've had had great food and service the couple times we've been to Tiffin's.

Minthorne

Tiffins is the one you are looking for. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom