1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Tusker house for Bfast or Dinner ROL?

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by bsmartin2000, Jul 17, 2017.

1. bsmartin2000

bsmartin2000 Active Member

I have Adrs for Tusker House at 10:45 and at 5:25. The 5:25 is the ROL package. Not sure which would have the better food. Any thoughts?

Ciara likes this.
  2. Ciara

Ciara Well-Known Member

Both are supposed to good. My only thought on this is you would be going at the end of the buffet for Breakfast and the beginning for Dinner. So dinner food may be fresher. Also the breakfast is pretty standard fare vs more African choices for Dinner. I had the almost the same debate and ended up choosing dinner, but i am sure both meals would be great, Enjoy! :)

Weather_Lady likes this.
  3. Dave Ber

Dave Ber Active Member

We do the 1045 on every trip, it gives the kiddos the mickey waffles and the BACON, but the best part is they change over to lunch at 11 and you get both breakfast and lunch for the breakfast price

newhorizons1 and DisneyDelirious like this.
  4. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

It all depends on what you'd like to eat -- my family would choose dinner every time, simply because the food offerings for dinner are more exotic and unique (a little bit of Sanaa, a little bit of Boma). The breakfast menu is about the same as you'd find at any TS restaurant on property (waffles, eggs, bacon). Whether that's a pro or a con depends on your family's tastes.

(Update: apologies to @Ciara - I hadn't read the other responses before posting and I see that I pretty much parroted what you already said!)

DisneyDelirious and Ciara like this.
  5. Ciara

Ciara Well-Known Member

I haven't actually been for Dinner. Just my assumptions so i'm glad it seems to be true! :p

6. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Save money and do breakfast for $39/person, if you can get the ROL breakfast ADR, instead of lunch/dinner for $52/person. You indicate that 5:25 is the "ROL package" but don't say anything about the breakfast ADR being the ROL package.

So, the decision is now more than the food. If you intend to see ROL that night and the ROL package is the way you intend to see it, if you can't get the breakfast ROL package ADR, I'd keep the dinner ROL package.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

7. slappy magoo

slappy magoo Well-Known Member

I think the fact that you have ROL seating makes it a game changer. I know I tried to go see ROL during a brief trip in April, mid-week, and seating was at capacity, couldn't get in. I was just one guy, didn't make a difference. If seeing the show is important to you, don't take a chance.

8. DisneyDelirious

DisneyDelirious Super structures are my specialty!

I second this. It really is the best of both worlds. You get traditional breakfast fare that everyone in the family can enjoy and some nice additions from the lunch menu for those who want to try something new.

Greg H likes this.
  9. docdebbi

docdebbi Well-Known Member

Is there really a sweet spot in the afternoon where i can both get a ROL package AND have character dining which supposedly starts at 4 PM? Or do the ROL package spots stop before the characters arrive? Not worth $52 to me just for a ROL package, but if I can accomplish the obligatory character M&G while there, it becomes so. Bear in mind- I'm not being cheap, but with a family of 7- at $52 each- that's an expensive lunch!

10. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

There are characters at all dining times at Tusker House.

11. JusticeDisney

JusticeDisney Well-Known Member

If you elect to go with the dinner, just be prepared that the food is garbage. Okay, it isn't quite that bad, but it's close.

12. docdebbi

docdebbi Well-Known Member

Thanks for straightening me out. You know, I've been to lunch there many time with characters, but a competing (horrors) website said it was characters only after 4. With all the downsizing (cheaping out) Disney has been doing lately, I figured it had been changed.
    Thanks!

Tuvalu likes this.
  13. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Happy to help!

14. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Shoot for the $39 breakfast/person if you can get it. Still spending money but less.

docdebbi likes this.