Turtle Talk with Crush. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

TheLand45

Original Poster
My first thought, obsurd as it was, there must be a comedian behind the scenes somewhere. Someone please let me know how these unscripted attractions work.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There is a CM doing the voice with a number of scripted suggestions and a certain amount of latitude to react to situations. The images can be triggered to react with certain emotions/expressions at any given time.

raven

I was just in the Turtle Talk green room the other day. They have about 6 computers that store all the information for the controller end of the show. The performer is able to make all of the actions with a simple Playstation controller. The movements of the mouth are done by speaking into a microphone. :wave:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I was just in the Turtle Talk green room the other day. They have about 6 computers that store all the information for the controller end of the show. The performer is able to make all of the actions with a simple Playstation controller. The movements of the mouth are done by speaking into a microphone. :wave:
New goal for my CP: find my way into that room. I've gotta see this!

raven

New goal for my CP: find my way into that room. I've gotta see this!

Not easy to find. But even if you know where it is, you need to be given access authorization to even attempt to get in, then swipe your ID and enter a code. Not much in there to see.

Hint: if you see a rock outside of a door with the words "You so totally" (get it?), you are there. That's their doorstop.

Contrast

There is a CM doing the voice with a number of scripted suggestions and a certain amount of latitude to react to situations. The images can be triggered to react with certain emotions/expressions at any given time.
Thanks for this information. It's something I've always wondered myself.

Tim_4

Not easy to find. But even if you know where it is, you need to be given access authorization to even attempt to get in, then swipe your ID and enter a code. Not much in there to see.
Yep... I've been in the control room for SotMK and it's super unimpressive. Basically ten computers running Windows.

DisneySaint

I've been fortunate enough to see the Mr. Potato head room at DHS Toy Stoy Mania; multiple monitor setup with a chair for that one. No voice acting so it's really just pushing buttons.

DillonJoseph

When we went to the Laugh Floor a few days before Thanksgiving, my brother was put on the big screen and as I was taking a picture, one of the monsters on screen smiled and we were curious as to how they monsters faces moved to react to what was happening in the audience.

Bairstow

I was just in the Turtle Talk green room the other day. They have about 6 computers that store all the information for the controller end of the show. The performer is able to make all of the actions with a simple Playstation controller.

Interesting. I've been wondering what sort of input device the performer uses. The figure's performance seems to be a combination of basic lip-syncing, ad-hoc facial expressions, and a variety of more complex pre-programmed routines. Do you know if the whole thing is done through the controller, because I'm imagining some of the operations requiring the performer to quickly open a menu and select one of the routines to go into, which I suppose he could do by looking at a pop-up menu that appears on his screen when holding down certain buttons. I actually had in mind a combination of some sort of hand-held controller and a mouse for selecting certain things.

When we went to the Laugh Floor a few days before Thanksgiving, my brother was put on the big screen and as I was taking a picture, one of the monsters on screen smiled and we were curious as to how they monsters faces moved to react to what was happening in the audience.

Yeah, there's obviously some feature in the performance software that allows the character's eyes to appear to "lock on" to a certain location in the audience. The easiest way I can see this being done is by letting the performer simply use a mouse and move the cursor over the desired section of the audience on the screen he's viewing the audience on, but I suppose it could be done with the controller as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom