Turtle Talk Theater Question

jmuboy

The new theater is larger than the old one. The old theater will be closed and renovated and used to house additional marine exhibits. This is the final step of a VERY VERY long rehab of this pavilion.

Pongo

I like Turtle Talk's new location and new theater. It fits a lot more people and there is finally room for a pseudo-line.

Props to WDW for this one!

Jerm

Ok I need a lay out of the place to see how the new entrance to the theater is. Can someone give me a idea of it? I know it is the old theater that you would enter before you took the hydrolators, but I can't figure it out in my head.

J

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ok I need a lay out of the place to see how the new entrance to the theater is. Can someone give me a idea of it? I know it is the old theater that you would enter before you took the hydrolators, but I can't figure it out in my head.

J
Do a search; I`ve posted a few layouts. The new theatre is the original The Seas Theatre Two - that is, the left of the two theatres after the United Tech preshow. The one that had a corridor routed through it for the preshow bypass as the pavilion became neglected.

Jerm

attachment.php

Thank you I found it. But you also said you were going to update it when you got more of the info on it....I am still waiting;)

But that does help a lot. I don't think I ever figured out that there were 2 theaters till I looked at that.

J

ToTBellHop

I just am not imagining how guests get there...I thought the seacabs linked you from this area to SeaBase Alpha. Was this just the magic of Disney that fooled me and the theatres and SeaBase Alpha were in fact right next to each other?

Edit: nevermind...figured it out thanks to the diagram :)

Jerm

This is quoted from the post from marni1971 that drew the map

Here`s a simple plan of the original layout I`ve drawn; red arrows are guest flow, blue areas guest areas. After the initial blue queue, guests entered the first preshow (purple) with a United Technologies slideshow. They would then enter one of 2 theatres for The Seas preshow film, like the double stretch rooms in The Haunted Mansion. After the film they would enter the common Hydrolator loading area, travel down (!) to the visitors center main level, then board a Sea Cab. This would circle under the Observation deck, and guests would then disembark in the center of Seabase Alpha:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks, Jerm.

Here`s a bit more upto date info;

You did, and still do, enter at the bottom of the diagram into the blue switchback queue. The purple circle was the United Technologies preshow slide presentation. It is now more of the queue.

Originally you then went into one of 2 virtually identical theatres to watch The Seas. 2 theatres cut the wait time in half. Sometime I think in 2000 (anyone have a date?) theatre 2 (left hand side) was decomissioned and a corridor built through it, directly to the Hydrolators to bypass the film if you wanted to. Either choice took you to the hydrolators (orange circles in the middle) - after which you boarded the Sea Cabs (green line). Wheeclchairs took a corridor to the left of the Sea Cabs direct to Alpha.

Today, the queue goes through the top of the United Tech slideshow room, the left Hydrolator position and the blue wheelchair corridor. Todays load is somewhere just before the wheelchair corridor reached Alpha. Todays ride cuts through the right hand Hydrolator positions and the right hand Theatre (1). You can see how close todays load is to Aplha, and how close the original Cabs load were to Alpha as well. The original ride just went round in one large square.

jmuboy

So the four SeaBase modules now include:

Turtle Talk queue and show
Bruce's Shark Shack
Nemo and Freinds (closed, relocating to old Crush Theater)
...and the 4th? I can't remember.

Do they still have divers doing shows in the dive tube?

CTXRover

So the four SeaBase modules now include:

Turtle Talk queue and show
Bruce's Shark Shack
Nemo and Freinds (closed, relocating to old Crush Theater)
...and the 4th? I can't remember.

Do they still have divers doing shows in the dive tube?

The other module on the ground floor is for the underwater viewing of the Manatee exhibit. There is also a module on the second floor above what is the new Turtle Talk pre-show/queue area that has a variety of smaller sea life in aquariums and more interactive quiz-show style kiosks.

I've seen divers in the dive tube recently. Definetely since the Nemo ride opened, but I don't remember the exact date.

imagineersrock

Hey guys, don't know when it reopened, but while at The Seas yesterday, the old Turtle Talk Theater was back open as a new exhibit area.

Here's a photo:
SEAS111.jpg

(Look carefully to the back of the room, and you'll notice they actually left the screen that Crush used to use there.)

Launchpad

Account Suspended
If you look closely at the walls leading from the waiting room to the theatre it looks like it was thrown together. The tile looks really, really bad and uneven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom