Turning Down Housekeeping

arich35

My wife and I are looking at resorts for next December. While reading reviews I noticed people said they receive gift cards every day they turn down housekeeping. Does this happen at every resort? How much do they usually give you?

Bronson55

They give you the full amount at check in. They send you an e mail which has the disney card in it . Just show your phone to whomever you are using card with and they scan it. Leave towels outside door. Housekeeping can provide you with clear plastic bags for trash also to be left outside your door. If you need towels, TP, soap etc during your stay just call front desk or ask a passing housekeeper. It is really easy. For anyone wondering, this does not change the daily security visits.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Never have, never will. Disney does this to save money by telling Mousekeepers to stay home when there "isn't enough work".

Taking money out of CM's pockets isn't worth $10/day.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Never have, never will. Disney does this to save money by telling Mousekeepers to stay home when there "isn't enough work".

Taking money out of CM's pockets isn't worth $10/day.

Exactly how I feel. Not only that, but I like being able to leave a tip and thank you note for Mousekeeping. It is just a part of our trip.

Upvote 0

NessNewt

Are they still doing that even with the new security policy of needing to check your room daily? I thought that had gone away.

We had a quick trip recently and stayed mostly in the resort so one day I called and said we didn't want housekeeping that day. Later that day a CM came by and said they needed to do a room security check. He came in for maybe two minutes, just did a quick scan of the room and asked to make sure we didn't need towels or anything. So they will definitely do a security check even without housekeeping.

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

My folks took advantage of this offer back on September whilst they were at POFQ. They received a $90 gift card at check-in I believe.

My brother and I who were staying at CSR were offered this service, but we declined.

Upvote 0

Rsj88

I ask because once we had a couple of us come down with the stomach virus while we’re were there and as we are here now, there are couple of us with a cold so we will change our towels a bit more often than at home as to keep down the spread of germs :)

Upvote 0

Rsj88

How often do you wash towels at home? Mine don't go in the wash more often than once a week.
I asked because once we all got a stomach virus at Disney and needed more towels than normal. We are at Disney now and several of us have a cold. So we are changing out towels a bit more often than at home so we can cut down on germs :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom