Turn To The Travel Channel Now!

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
OMG, I didn't know that they actually blew the walls off of the bottom of the drop shaft in the begining due to UNexpected compression of air... LOL BBWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! OMG that is like soooo funny, yet so shocking... shocking that they didn't know that :sohappy: :veryconfu :veryconfu :brick: :lol: :wave:

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
It was a show that is part of the "Travel Channel Secrets" seiries... its the one that comes on showing all the parks, and at the end of the intro focuses onto the park it's showcasing in that episode.

And now all that have seen it, KNOW that the elevator is a car that IS NOT on ANY wires, and runs INDEPENDENTLY of ANYTHING, but computer programming. There is NO connection to the floor, wall or ceiling!

YES! I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!, :lol: :sohappy:

:king:

:zipit: :goodnevil :fork:

isnet396

Originally posted by WDW/SFOG_freak
It was a show that is part of the "Travel Channel Secrets" seiries... its the one that comes on showing all the parks, and at the end of the intro focuses onto the park it's showcasing in that episode.

And now all that have seen it, KNOW that the elevator is a car that IS NOT on ANY wires, and runs INDEPENDENTLY of ANYTHING, but computer programming. There is NO connection to the floor, wall or ceiling!

YES! I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!, :lol: :sohappy:

:king:

:zipit: :goodnevil :fork:

The AGV's (Automated Guive Vehicles) Have the actual ride vehicles (VVC's - I forgot what they're called) and they follow a guidewire embedded into the floor. If the Ride Control Computer - RCC - does not detect the AGV on-track with the guidewire, the ride goes 101 (down). There are lots of things that can cause it to go 101, not only that

Ian

RobFL

Account Suspended
The system is the same as UoE, the Great Movie Ride, and the sets for the Indian Jones stunt show.

(Gets a feeling he'll have to say this again.. it's averaging about once every 3 weeks now)

-Rob

kaos

Originally posted by RobFL
The system is the same as UoE, the Great Movie Ride, and the sets for the Indian Jones stunt show.

(Gets a feeling he'll have to say this again.. it's averaging about once every 3 weeks now)

-Rob

so wait, theres a guidewire??? :hammer:

kaos

There is no guidewire.

No wire at all. That system was revamped years ago.

-Rob

Wait..
Not even a few weeks ago you said that there WERE guidewires...

Hmmm.... makes me think of the number 15 for some reason...

:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

RobFL

Account Suspended
Ugh, it's called a Guidewire but there iss no wire embedded in the floor anymore.

Spaceship Earth isn't a Spaceship.

-Rob

kaos

Ugh, it's called a Guidewire but there iss no wire embedded in the floor anymore.

Spaceship Earth isn't a Spaceship.

-Rob

But Rob,
Not too long ago you gave us your expert technical determination that there WERE wires embedded in the floor...

Now I'm confused.... Is it possible that you just really don't know as much as you claim and are just saying things to try and seem important?

RobFL

Account Suspended
*groans*

It's called a guidewire system.. it is a sensor trail, but it's not a wire.

Maybe you're jsut arguing this point cuz you have nothing better to do?

-Rob

kaos

*groans*

It's called a guidewire system.. it is a sensor trail, but it's not a wire.

Maybe you're jsut arguing this point cuz you have nothing better to do?

-Rob

like road pogs? so just say that. I mean, last time you said there were embedded wires in the gorund. Make up your mind man...

It's getting to the point that I don't know which of your posts are accurate and which ones are just stuff that you made up.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Actually, if we can hunt down my last post on the subject.. I argued it was little pucks in the floor, not a guidewire.

It actually led me to a fansite of the UoE cuz some fan messaged me over it cuz that site was run by ex-CM's who thought it was still the wire.

It was a wire once upon a time, and is still refered to as a guidewire, but it's really a bunch of sensors.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Come to think of it, I think i was aruging that ToT wasn't an actual elevator car type thing, but really a roaving vehicle.

-Rob

isnet396

Turntable+Diagram.jpg

I don't know why I posted this. Its a sketch from Popula Mechanics from UoE in 1986. Its a little 'off' now, though

Ian

Dizneydude87

I thought that the TOT vehicles had an antena on the bottom of the vehicles to match censors imbedded in the floor. And the ride isnt really on a track...but there are two side things sticking up so it doesnt like go KrAzY and turn onto the mirrors (in the 5th dimension room).

!_E_!

(E= elevator)
(__= floor/[track])
(! != side thngs sticking up [only about 4-5 inches])

Confused yet? :hammer:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Dizneydude87
I thought that the TOT vehicles had an antena on the bottom of the vehicles to match censors imbedded in the floor. And the ride isnt really on a track...but there are two side things sticking up so it doesnt like go KrAzY and turn onto the mirrors (in the 5th dimension room).

!_E_!

(E= elevator)
(__= floor/[track])
(! != side thngs sticking up [only about 4-5 inches])

Confused yet? :hammer:

thanks for the technical spec drawing on the ToT :) jk

splitdrums81

Yea they have quite a few shows on Disney World on Travel Channel i always check online to see what times and days they are on. And for the days it is not on i recorded all 6 different shows on the parks so i can watch them nonstop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom