TTA Update

ms7479a

Original Poster
I was at Magic Kingdom tonight and as I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed that they were testing the new lights on the TTA. Much to my surprise, the lights did not just stay one color but rotated through a series of colors. The colors were blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow, and green. I think it makes for a really cool effect and definitely adds something to the atmosphere of Tomorrowland. Here's some video I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFDer6XVAg

Tom

Beta Return
I was at Magic Kingdom tonight and as I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed that they were testing the new lights on the TTA. Much to my surprise, the lights did not just stay one color but rotated through a series of colors. The colors were blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow, and green. I think it makes for a really cool effect and definitely adds something to the atmosphere of Tomorrowland. Here's some video I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFDer6XVAg

Ah, so the rumor was true about them perhaps being more than one color.

They're a step up from the old white fixtures, but not spectacular. Heck, I'd at least expect them to slowly fade/dissolve from one color to another. They almost look like something from a carnival.

Thanks for the video though. It's nice to see live progress!

ms7479a

Original Poster
I'm assuming they are just in a testing phase right now, so I really don't know what to expect with the finished product. It still might change.

MissM

Interesting. I too hope they fade or somehow blend better in the finalized version. The way it is now is too stark - and bad for people who are sensitive to flicker or blinking lights. TTA is one of my all-time favorite rides and I'd hate to get sick on it if it turns blinky.

hpyhnt 1000

I'm sure what we see in the video is merely testing to make sure all lights and colors are working, but my, if they apply that color changing effect the right way, WDI has some real opportunities for some neat effects. :)

Thrill Seeker

Last time I was at MK I spotted a bunch of work men working on the lights. That effect might be why the re-opening was delayed a week. I will be there Monday morning to go for a ride.

jt04

Wow, I had no idea they could color change that rapidly. LED lighting is so cool. Of note, the video confirms that the lights are connected either physically or wirelessly for them to change color at the same time. This is going to be very very interesting.

2 weeks to D23! :)

Rob562

Wow, I had no idea they could color change that rapidly. LED lighting is so cool. Of note, the video confirms that the lights are connected either physically or wirelessly for them to change color at the same time. This is going to be very very interesting.

2 weeks to D23! :)

That's the great thing about LEDs. They can change color as quickly as a few cycles in the frequency of the power supply. (i.e. small fractions of a second to non-technical people)

-Rob

Enchantâmes

It would be amazing if at night the lights changed just as a train would pass each light. Like it was red up ahead and behind and blue as the "Blue line" rides through.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Very nice!! Thanks for the vid!! :sohappy::sohappy:

If they could slow it (the color changing) down a bit.. that would be nice! :lol::king:

Take that nay-sayers!! :lol::D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I sincerely hope they have a similar display on the outside of SM when that refurb is completed. Having both SM and TTA light up like that will really make Tomorrowland pop at night!

devoy1701

I can't believe that all we've had to talk about concerning the TTA is the lighting fixtures! :dazzle:

They sure have been VERY good at being Hush Hush about the refurbs of SM and TTA. :zipit:

We're staying for 4 nights over Labor Day Weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing if they've updated any of the show scenes for TTA. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom