TSMM wins Award for Outstanding Achievement for an Attraction

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog said:
You may have enjoyed different attractions and restaurants at the Disneyland Resort, but did you know that they’re also award winning?

tsm172009SMALL.jpg

Just today, Walt Disney Imagineering was honored with the top award within the themed entertainment industry. TEA (Themed Entertainment Association) announced that Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s California Adventure Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios received the Award for Outstanding Achievement for an Attraction. In case you haven’t had a chance to experience the attraction, it’s a high-energy, immersive, ride-through adventure that lets you test your skills at a variety of carnival midway games hosted by the characters from the Disney·Pixar “Toy Story” films. TEA praised the attraction as “a suite of many technical and creative innovations.”

Including this latest award, Walt Disney Imagineering has received a total of 34 awards throughout the Thea Awards’ 16-year history, including nine previous wins in the attraction category. Some of Disney’s past recipients of Awards for Outstanding Achievement for an Attraction include Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Soarin’ Over California at Disney’s California Adventure Park, Indiana Jones® Adventure at Disneyland Park, Space Mountain, From the Earth to the Moon at Disneyland Paris and CineMagique at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris.

awd172009SMALL.jpg

The Resort also got top honors this week from culinary experts and Zagat, a guidebook that polls consumers for their opinions. Recently Zagat announced the Napa Rose, a world-class restaurant at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, as the “Most Popular in OC.” The Napa Rose earned high marks in food, décor and service.

Just yesterday, Napa Rose Executive Chef Andrew Sutton, a 27-year culinary veteran, was honored as one of four recipients of the Antonin Carême Medal presented by the Chefs Association of the Pacific Coast, Inc. Sutton is the 148th person to receive the medal throughout the program’s 40-year history, and the famous chef, Julia Child, is the 28th person to receive this honor. He accepted the medal for his lifetime of achievements, including his involvement in creating an award-winning menu for Napa Rose that features hand-selected ingredients from throughout California’s diverse regions.

Saw that on the Disney Parks blog. I'm glad TSMM won the award, its an awesome attraction. :sohappy:

BrerFrog

It is absolutely deserved TSMM is fantastic! As a gamer I was always trying to find the secrets and getting in the leaderboard while riding! :sohappy:

I remember riding it six straight times back in January. That has got to be a record, right!? :lol:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Congrats to Toy Story Midway Mania and the Imagineers who worked hard to make it a reality as well! Glad it won too!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Well deserved. A well-designed and executed attraction.

I note that even the Disney Parks blog doesn't seem to know the actual name of the attraction. Dropped the "Midway", just like many of the billboard around WDW.

EPCOTCenterLover

Hope this award doesn't give Disney an excuse to create more film based attractions like this. I enjoy TSMM but do not want more shoot 'em ups in the parks.

MarkTwain

Congrats to TSMM!

Well deserved. A well-designed and executed attraction.

I note that even the Disney Parks blog doesn't seem to know the actual name of the attraction. Dropped the "Midway", just like many of the billboard around WDW.

There's a disagreement over the name between those who designed the ride, and those who market it. Apparently the Disney Parks Blog falls into the latter category.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Congratulations to all those who made it happen. TSMM is an excellent attraction that is deserving of this honor. Bravo!

RSoxNo1

I really like TSMM and all, but. . . really? Was it just a slow year for theme park attractions?

Not that price indicates quality, but I imagine TSMM was the most expensive ride that was eligible.

Six Flags Magic Mountain debuted Terminator (Wooden Roller Coaster). It had about as much theming as The Hulk, with a bit of a pre-show, but I'd be surprised if it cost over $20 million

EpcotServo

Not that price indicates quality, but I imagine TSMM was the most expensive ride that was eligible.

Six Flags Magic Mountain debuted Terminator (Wooden Roller Coaster). It had about as much theming as The Hulk, with a bit of a pre-show, but I'd be surprised if it cost over $20 million

Price has nothing to do with it, it's all about design. And there's really no competition right now, Midway Mania is extremely well designed and entertaining. Pretty much just the coolest attraction of the year gets it.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom