TSA restarting 'enhanced security screening' at MCO effective immediately.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
I came across an article in the Orlando Sentinel today about an immediate 'enhanced security screening' starting immediately at Orlando Airport. The article is reminding folks to get to the airport early and to expect long lines through the summer. TSA is recommending you arrive at the airport AT LEAST 2 hours before departure. I would expect this is also going to have an impact on Magic Express scheduling to the airport as well.

Weather_Lady

Another reason I'm glad we invested in joining a trusted traveler program! Arriving 2 hours ahead? As Sweet Brown said, "ain't nobody got time for that!" ;)

I'm surprised to see the enhanced screening described as having to put anything larger than a cell phone in a bin, though. That's been the rule (sometimes even in PreCheck) every time we've flown in the past year or two, at airports in Orlando, Rochester, NY, Syracuse, NY, New York, NY and Minneapolis, MN. I don't think it's a new thing. Of course, most airports could do a far better job of advertising the "rules" before people get up to the conveyor, so they don't have to fumble around. Signs in the queue telling people what they will need to put in bins (as opposed to TSA workers screaming loudly and incoherently at noone in particular about what needs to be put in bins) seem to be few and far between.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Another reason I'm glad we invested in joining a trusted traveler program! Arriving 2 hours ahead? As Sweet Brown said, "ain't nobody got time for that!" ;)

I'm surprised to see the enhanced screening described as having to put anything larger than a cell phone in a bin, though. That's been the rule (sometimes even in PreCheck) every time we've flown in the past year or two, at airports in Orlando, Rochester, NY, Syracuse, NY, New York, NY and Minneapolis, MN. I don't think it's a new thing. Of course, most airports could do a far better job of advertising the "rules" before people get up to the conveyor, so they don't have to fumble around. Signs in the queue telling people what they will need to put in bins (as opposed to TSA workers screaming loudly and incoherently at noone in particular about what needs to be put in bins) seem to be few and far between.

At my airport they have a video loop showing what needs to be done - but the last time I flew there was absolutely no line so I had to apologize when getting to the scanner, telling them I was counting on being able to get properly prepared. Sometimes they want all electronics, including phones, sometimes only iPad or bigger, sometimes belts, sometimes not, sometimes shoes, sometimes not ...

aliceismad

I thought taking out anything larger than a cell phone was standard practice. Pretty sure I heard that at San Francisco, Denver, Baltimore, LAX, and DCA, all of which were in the past 6 months. Shoes, sweaters, belts, etc. has been a crapshoot though.

Janir

I stuff everything into carry ons or my coat pockets that then get scanned. Of course Pre check also helps.

TrainsOfDisney

Orlando is one of the worst airports for tsa screening in my experience. LAX is a breeze, so it’s not how busy it is, just how unorganized it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom