• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

TSA Issues?

Mr_Bernard

Original Poster
Has anyone had any issues getting through / delays? We're flying out of JFK next week (agents are calling in sick), as well as our wedding guests at other airports around the country. What a time for the wedding!

Sans Souci

Advertisement
They have an app (My TSA) that shows waiting times at your local airport. Maybe you can download it and see if that shows increased wait times. I would check with your airline as you get closer to your departure date to see if they recommend arriving at JFK earlier than usual. A lot can happen in a week, so hopefully this won't be an issue for you and your guests. Good luck to you and your fiancé! :cat:

Mr_Bernard

Original Poster
They have an app (My TSA) that shows waiting times at your local airport. Maybe you can download it and see if that shows increased wait times. I would check with your airline as you get closer to your departure date to see if they recommend arriving at JFK earlier than usual. A lot can happen in a week, so hopefully this won't be an issue for you and your guests. Good luck to you and your fiancé! :cat:
Thanks Sans Souci! :)

Plowboy

There is nothing worse than standing in line while the clock ticks away and panic ensues as you wonder if you'll miss your flight. If it were me, I'd try to get there a half hour to an hour earlier than you normally would, just in case. If you go right through go find a place to sit and relax or get a drink and people watch. Hope all goes well.

Mr_Bernard

Original Poster
I am seriously getting concerned. If TSA agents don't get their paychecks this week, more will not come to work. I've been reading that pilots are fearful of putting themselves in danger without proper security screening. I really hope this resolves because I am worried.

Weather_Lady

I am seriously getting concerned. If TSA agents don't get their paychecks this week, more will not come to work. I've been reading that pilots are fearful of putting themselves in danger without proper security screening. I really hope this resolves because I am worried.
I share your concerns, and also am worried about the fact that planes aren't getting inspected, because the FAA safety inspectors have been furloughed.

Regardless, I feel like all of the media attention about TSA call outs, shortages in air traffic control, lapses in inspections, etc. are a big, flashing advertisement to terrorists that, "if you were thinking of an attack via America's airspace, this is your golden opportunity!" I pray that the shutdown ends before some crackpot takes advantage. (That, and I've got a dog in this fight, too: I'm a federal employee currently forced to work without pay -- albeit not for the FAA, TSA, etc. - and I literally cannot afford for this to go on much longer).

Last edited:

Mr_Bernard

Original Poster
I'm more worried about the fact that planes aren't getting inspected, because the FAA inspectors have been furloughed.

Regardless, I feel like all of the media attention about TSA call outs, shortages in air traffic control, etc. are a big, flashing advertisement to terrorists that, "if you were thinking of an attack via America's airspace, this is your golden opportunity!" I pray that the shutdown ends before some crackpot takes advantage. (That, and I've got a dog in this fight, too: I'm a federal employee currently forced to work without pay -- albeit not for the FAA, TSA, etc.).
That's why pilots are advocating to get the TSA and FAA back in business because they don't want to take their chances.

And I'm sorry for what you're dealing with, I hope this ends soon.

Top Bottom