trying to plan a Jan/Feb trip

Cetta

I have too many things running through my head and my husband never seems to have an answer (or maybe he doesn't understand what I am trying to say) so I am asking for your help. We are planning a Jan or Feb trip and it will be our first with our two kiddos (DS4 & DD2) and we are trying to do it as cheap as possible but still give them the amazing experience they deserve. We have had two trips planned before but they have both been cancelled and I am not letting that happen this time! I know that the end of January and early February there are the cheer and dance things going on and they usually stay at the All Star Resorts....should I chance staying there? I mean we will just be there to sleep and it might be too cold to swim. Also I was thinking of staying at Movies for 4 nights with the dining plan and then 2 nights at sports as a room only to save money because we don't really need 6 TS dining credits...it will only leave us with one day at the parks without the dining plan. Is the money we would be saving staying at the All Stars and doing a split stay worth the hassle? Also what week do you think would be best? I was thinking Jan 26-Feb 1. Any input??? thank you!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
How heavy do your kids sleep? I ask because at those ages, nap and sleep routine is going to make or break your trip. If they're light sleepers, you might not want to share a hotel with dance and sports groups.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I'm pretty sure that it might not be cost-effective to break up your trip like that unless you can get 6 day park passes with the initial booking. If you have to pay for park tickets separately on each booking them you will lose out on the fact that tickets cost much less per day the longer you stay.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would forgo the DDP.

At best, the current version of the DDP is a convenience, not a money saver.

If all you do is look at food to dollars you can work it out and come out ahead, but when you compare it to what most people would actually order, any savings begin to vanish.

As to your dates, they are good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom