Trying New Things

DisneyKid239

Original Poster
Since last year I’m always trying to eat at a new place at Disney every time i go,

So for my next trip I was wondering if any of you guys have been to Tonys, The Plaza, or Skipper Canteen And which you guys personally like

belledream

Tony's - would only go if purely for the subtle Lady & the Tramp theme. A lot of people deem the food awful...but I'm more in the just 'meh, nothing special' camp. Would definitely go to Plaza or Skipper Canteen over that.

Plaza - relatively inexpensive burgers/sandwiches that are definitely worth the minor price increase over QS burgers/sandwiches. The restaurant is really small with very few frills, but sometimes that's just what you want!

Skipper Canteen - probably my favorite of the 3. Some of the more unique dishes you can find around a Disney park restaurant, so much to look at in the restaurant, and you get the added entertainment from the 'punny' skipper servers!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you decide to go to Skipper's, ask if the "Shrimp In A Cup" is still off-the-menu. I could eat three of them as an entree!

Weather_Lady

We haven't been to the Plaza in years (although it's a perfectly fine place for a decent soup or sandwich), but Skipper Canteen was a big hit when we went. It offers the most unique and exotic (by Disney standards, anyway) setting and menu of the three.

danyoung56

I've been going to WDW since the 90's, and just discovered The Plaza Inn a few years ago. It quickly became one of my favorites - tasty sandwiches in a beautiful (and well air conditioned!) room.

I've only eaten once at the Skipper, and had a great meal with a fun waiter doing the Jungle Cruise schtick.

DisneyKid239

Original Poster
thanks guy! For my upcoming trip Im going to the plaza and then my next trip which is in a couple weeks im gonna do Skippers! If I remember I'll let you guys know what I thought of both!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom