Troubling Party Season Update

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
If this is the route they plan to go, then what they should do is have the Halloween and Christmas parades during regular night hours for all to see. Would make for a fun Halloween and Christmas season for everyone!
Then concentrate the after-hours on exactly what they are - a low crowd experience with getting in a lot of rides. Maybe give each it's special fireworks, treats, a show etc.
I’d suggest the opposite—seasonal fireworks for all like DL does. Obviously that’s not an option in 2022. Enchantment is nightly for 18 months.

dreday3

I’d suggest the opposite—seasonal fireworks for all like DL does. Obviously that’s not an option in 2022. Enchantment is nightly for 18 months.

Or that!

But I really like Boo To You, in fact it's the only parade we ever watch, so I thought that would be a good compromise! And it would feel Halloweenish... :D

OceanBlue

When we attended MNSSHP on Oct31st in 2019 it was crazy packed. Loved the parade and the headless horseman. At the time I didn’t even know lower crowds were something we were supposed to get. Bought for the fun of dressing up with my kids and to do something different. I even bought a day ticket to Magic kingdom thinking I needed both to go the night event! I don’t think we would have done a full day at the hotel anyway though. But now I wonder what I would do if I went to another night time event.

Figments Friend

The 'sweet spot' for all would be to just bring back the 'Halloween Party' and 'Xmas Party' as they were, BUT limit the capacity like in ye olden days.

During the first decade or so those events operated, crowds were no ways near as crazy as the last five or six years both ran.
Why not up the price tag a little ( say, $150 starting...) and hold the 'real' parties but with a hard capacity number in place?
This way, Disney makes the bucks from the admission, Party fans get the full expereince 'fix', and everyone is happy.

The only downside of course is lower capacity means less Guests spending money on merch and food.
But happier Guests spend more money......

The 'After Hours' Events however require no extra payroll for all that added entertainment, so Disney likely finds those versions of the offering far more appealing from a profit standpoint.
Thus why they will likely keep rolling those out in the foreseeable future.

-

dreday3

They were running MNSSHP four nights a week back then. Closing at 7 half the time and 11 half the time isn't "later hours" than closing at 9 every night.

Isn't that what we are discussing? The hours for party and non-party nights in the past?

It was open until 10 and 11, even midnight in April and May that year too. Most nights and no parties.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Isn't that what we are discussing? The hours for party and non-party nights in the past?

It was open until 10 and 11, even midnight in April and May that year too. Most nights and no parties.
They were still doing that right up until COVID. The only difference is that they'd initially publish shorter hours and then expand them a few weeks ahead of time.

They also dramatically increased hours an Animal Kingdom and we're routinely opening Hollywood Studios at 7am.

dreday3

They were still doing that right up until COVID. The only difference is that they'd initially publish shorter hours and then expand them a few weeks ahead of time.

They also dramatically increased hours an Animal Kingdom and we're routinely opening Hollywood Studios at 7am.

Okay I guess I'm confused.

I thought you were saying MK was never open past 9 pm where in actuality it was for many years.
We went in 2014 too and again, May and other months - MK was open until 11 most nights. Even midnight and 1 am.

The 9 pm close is a more recent thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom