Trouble getting a 7 days plan with dining each year for a solo guy

dvitali

I go to WDW every year in Early November for almost ten years, by myself for seven days , always stay Pop, until last year or so. Now I am cannot, because no available dates or my party size is too small.
Yet I can get a plan at the same hotel at the same time, for 4 or less days. Do not make sense to me?

nickys

Premium Member
Call. The website can be glitchy about availability.

Is this a free dining offer you’re looking for, or just a regular booking? It’s possible ther really is no availability for a particular deal, but I would definitely call to check. I bet they can get you something.

Upvote 0

dvitali

Original Poster
The note doesn’t say your party size is too small, it’s the standard saying if a room is not available. Look at other resorts and the same statement appears if a certain room type is not available.

This room type is unavailable for the
dates, party size or offer selected.
It say the same thing for all types of room offers, standard or prefer or with a pool views. Yet it has rooms for 4 days or less on the same starting dates but not for 7.

Upvote 0

dvitali

Original Poster
Call. The website can be glitchy about availability.

Is this a free dining offer you’re looking for, or just a regular booking? It’s possible ther really is no availability for a particular deal, but I would definitely call to check. I bet they can get you something.
It not Free dining on the plan, it Paid dining added to the Plan, a extra 300 dollars added to the cost to the room and tickets

Upvote 0

dvitali

Original Poster
The hotel may be booked already on the deal you want for certain days.
Never have any trouble booking for the first week of November for eight time out of the past ten years at Pop just the last two years. Always got a standard room with tickets and Pre-Paid quick service meal plan. It the quiet time at the four park as they change from Halloween to the Holidays. Free dining have not yet started until the week before Thanksgiving. Always enjoy staying by myself at Pop to come and go as I please.if I wanted to leave early or come back late I can.If I can get a same plan at Pop for four days or less now why I cannot get the same plan as before for seven days? To go back home three days early in the middle of the week now mean I need to rush and give up some attractions instead taking my time and visit each park twice.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If I can get a same plan at Pop for four days or less now why I cannot get the same plan as before for seven days?
To expand on what @allidog1 said, if even ONE of those days you are trying to book is sold out (not just with promotional rooms but also rack rate rooms) then the system will not allow you to book a full week. And yes, single-night sell-outs happen regularly at Disney resorts.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Never have any trouble booking for the first week of November for eight time out of the past ten years at Pop just the last two years. Always got a standard room with tickets and Pre-Paid quick service meal plan. It the quiet time at the four park as they change from Halloween to the Holidays. Free dining have not yet started until the week before Thanksgiving. Always enjoy staying by myself at Pop to come and go as I please.if I wanted to leave early or come back late I can.If I can get a same plan at Pop for four days or less now why I cannot get the same plan as before for seven days? To go back home three days early in the middle of the week now mean I need to rush and give up some attractions instead taking my time and visit each park twice.
Looks like it's time for you to explore and discover the many delights of the "split stay."

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To expand on what @allidog1 said, if even ONE of those days you are trying to book is sold out (not just with promotional rooms but also rack rate rooms) then the system will not allow you to book a full week. And yes, single-night sell-outs happen regularly at Disney resorts.
This^^^

All it takes is one day being sold out to have the entire reservation kick back with no availability. If you play around with your dates you can often find out which day is giving you a problem. If you have some flexibility with your travel dates, you can then try and adjust around that day. The other option is to do a split stay.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If I can get a same plan at Pop for four days or less now why I cannot get the same plan as before for seven days?
Because at least one of those other three days is unavailable? This doesn't strike me as particularly complicated.

If I want to stay somewhere Friday and Saturday but Saturday is fully booked, I'm only going to be able to book Friday.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

This^^^

All it takes is one day being sold out to have the entire reservation kick back with no availability. If you play around with your dates you can often find out which day is giving you a problem. If you have some flexibility with your travel dates, you can then try and adjust around that day. The other option is to do a split stay.
Exactly this. Try adding one day at a time to see which day is the problem. Also do try calling, sometimes they can see availability that isn't online at all. Marie

Upvote 0

dvitali

Original Poster
Update:
I try the same dates again with the same plan as I always done and was able to book the trip. Even got a prefer room this time. Why it let me do it now online and not the less several weeks I cannot fathom.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Update:
I try the same dates again with the same plan as I always done and was able to book the trip. Even got a prefer room this time. Why it let me do it now online and not the less several weeks I cannot fathom.
Because room availability constantly changes. People cancel and change room reservations virtually every minute of every day.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Could be the 4 room types (Preferred Standard View, Preferred Pool View, Standard Pool View, Standard Standard View) do NOT have 7 consecutive day availability. Split stay might be your only option.

By the way, what dates? I just checked and Pop have availability from Nov 1 - 8.....that being a Friday checkin...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom