Tropicana Hotel Review

Kramerica

Original Poster
I recently stayed at the Tropicana Inn on Harbor Blvd, right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland Resort. It was my first time staying there, although I've stayed at several off property hotels around the resort area. I've frequently stayed at the Park Vue and have always been happy, but Tropicana was nearly 20 bucks a night cheaper. I payed an average of 174 a night for a standard double queen room, this was an annual passholder rate during a weekend at the end of January.

Sorry folks, no pictures of the property or lobby. But they were both okay. The lobby was clean and felt new and refreshed, if not somewhat small. Their staff was cheery and helpful. The parking lot and property seems to be under 24 hour security watch which is nice. I arrived at around 10am and my room was ready. Probably not typical, but a really nice surprise. I did manage to take some pictures of my room-

Immediately to the left when you walk into the room is this odd orange seat, but it easily converts into a makeshift bed. I did not try to see how comfortable it is. I'm assuming not very. There's an air conditioner on the wall under the window to the left.

I believe the hotel was recently renovated. It feels like it. Things feel new and fresh. No obvious signs of wear yet. I liked the bright color scheme, it makes it feel more open, but that just might be me.

The entertainment center had a 1080p flat screen with decent speakers and works perfectly with a fire stick. Good enough for me. Underneath are your drawers, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and safe. I used the safe and fridge a lot. They kept things safe and cold. Good enough for me.

I appreciate the quadruple outlet and slider lights above the nightstand. I'm weirded out by the alarm clock though. That's one thing they didn't feel like updating in the refresh I guess.

The beds were comfy, linens crisp and smelled fresh.

I enjoyed the mirror's built in light.

The bathroom was fine, everything functioned as normal. No problem with the toiletries or water pressure or anything. Towels once again were fluffy and smelled clean.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and have already booked another. Staying off propery is never the preferred option, and no matter what you do, walking down Harbor Blvd isn't a ton of fun. But it's a clean safe place to get your rest and the location is hard to beat. It gets a thumbs up from me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom