News Tropical Storm Nicole impacts to Walt Disney World - November 2022

DisneyDebRob

I’m taking transportation around property (I didn’t have a reservation for today) just to see what all is happening and I agree. The wind gusts are still very strong.

It’s sad to make people use a MK reservation for only 6 hours as well.
With the possibility of less services in park. Just give everyone a free day. Will that really hurt them? Let people have fun for a few hours with not a full complement of cm’s and many less hours.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just wondering… tomorrow is our last chance to get on Guardians of the Galaxy ride at EPCOT, does anyone know what they will likely do with the park opening at 1pm? We have park reservations, just not sure when the virtual queue will open, or if we’ll need to be in the park to activate it? We are staying off property. I guess I’ll find out at 7am tomorrow, when I try to join the queue - but just wondering if anyone knew!
They might still enforce the in-park tap-in requirement, it'll just be for those guests that are able to tap in once the park opens. Essentially the demand will be a constant flow as guests fill the park, so might expect the afternoon drop to be open for a while.
Well I was so wrong with this. The afternoon 1pm drop was only open for roughly 5 secs. In comparison the morning 7am drop earlier today was open for about 40 mins.

Seems like they know they won't be able to get through BGs usually given out at the 1pm drop.

mf1972

huge lines for buses at POFQ. stop A is AK, Epcot, & DS. stop B is MK & HS. so far there’s been 3 DS buses in a row & the stop B line has completely taken control of stop A. pretty confusing who’s lining up for what

Ayla

huge lines for buses at POFQ. stop A is AK, Epcot, & DS. stop B is MK & HS. so far there’s been 3 DS buses in a row & the stop B line has completely taken control of stop A. pretty confusing who’s lining up for what
That is one of the few things I like about the values. Each stop is clearly labeled, with a chained off line. So much less anxiety about the line!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When DHS reopened at noon for locals after Ian:

DB066332-927A-40E7-8945-95F715809439.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
When DHS reopened at noon for locals after Ian:

View attachment 677717

Sadly, I didn't snap any pictures, but for those staying on-site the opening post-Ian was less chaotic but still very crowded. The local opening was just handled poorly. Thankfully, it ended up being a great day!

ETA: I did grab a picture of the walkway to TSL around 10:15am that day. Quite deserted, although Slinky was around 30-ish minutes around that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom