News Tropical Storm Nicole impacts to Walt Disney World - November 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Thursday and Friday have become unavailable for new Park Pass reservations for Ticket/Resort Guests and APs -

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 9.53.39 PM.png

Annual Passholder calendar -

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 9.54.07 PM.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Update from Walt Disney World -

For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will be closed Wednesday, November 9 through Friday, November 11. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations impacted by this change.

Guests may reschedule their trip or cancel their stay with us; any cancellation fees will be waived

Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been cancelled for Wednesday, November 9 through Friday, November 11 in light of the temporary closure of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests with pre-paid reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.

Squishy

They definitely are going to close the parks, operationally it wouldn't make sense with all the cancelations, call outs & blocked reservation windows.

epcotWSC

Well, hurricane season is through November 30 and some have occurred in early December.
Sure, but the odds are incredibly low compared to September & October.

I'm supposed to be flying in on Thursday, I have a feeling I'm going to be delayed a day. Good thing my first park day was booked for Saturday and I have no reservations booked for Thursday or Friday.

JohnD

Sure, but the odds are incredibly low compared to September & October.

I'm supposed to be flying in on Thursday, I have a feeling I'm going to be delayed a day. Good thing my first park day was booked for Saturday and I have no reservations booked for Thursday or Friday.

Doesn't mean there won't be one. In this case, there is one making landfall as a Cat 1 then a tropical storm as it crosses over the state.

epcotWSC

Doesn't mean there won't be one. In this case, there is one making landfall as a Cat 1 then a tropical storm as it crosses over the state.
Understood.

From an article I found:
Just one named storm occurs on average after the start of November each year. A storm makes landfall in the U.S. after Nov. 1 only once every 10 years or so.

With those odds, I'd say that anyone booking in November is not expecting a tropical system to hit. Can it happen? Sure, apparently it does once every 10 years and here we are. On the bright side, I don't believe Florida has ever been hit with a major hurricane in November.

Ayla

we were supposed to check out this friday, but staying 1 more night since we’re driving back north. we couldn’t be accommodated at our current resort, but we got a room at the riviera. it’s a splurge, but we’re on vacation, so why not?
Enjoy your added night of luxury. :)

JoeCamel

We fly in on Sunday morning; Hopefully everything is reopened by then. Sad for those who are there this week; on the bright side, it does not look like it’ll be nearly as bad as Ian.
You should be seeing sunshine for your trip, this will be long gone by then

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom