News Tropical Storm > Hurricane Sam

JohnD

Original Poster
Time to keep an eye, pun intended, on Tropical Storm (soon to be Hurricane) Sam just before WDW 50th Anniversary. Let's hope it makes a northward turn. It's forecast to be Cat 3 by early next week.

145652_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

beertiki

Storm will be closer to Bermuda than Orlando. I am in the Keys, will be at Disney all next week. We know how to watch storms, and the sites and models to trust. Sam does not have me concerned at all.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It’s expected to turn. Follow mikes weather page. He’s great
Mike is good, but man, some of the people that follow that page are loony. They're either doomsday preppers, who assume every storm is coming straight for them and will hit as a category 8, or they think the poor guy has a crystal ball and can tell them exactly where the storm will hit, oftentimes asking questions like, "Mike I live at xxxxx, what kind of damage can I expect on my street?" A lot of them also don't "trust" the weather forecast and love to post about going with their "gut."

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Mike is good, but man, some of the people that follow that page are loony. They're either doomsday preppers, who assume every storm is coming straight for them and will hit as a category 8, or they think the poor guy has a Crystal ball and can tell them exactly where the storm will hit, oftentimes asking questions like, "Mike I live at xxxxx, what kind of damage can I expect on my street?" A lot of them also don't "trust" the weather forecast and love to post about going with their "gut."
Wow, sounds like every other place on the internet. I like all the info I need to be informed in one convenient place. I never knew there were comments

ToTBellHop

Mike is good, but man, some of the people that follow that page are loony. They're either doomsday preppers, who assume every storm is coming straight for them and will hit as a category 8, or they think the poor guy has a Crystal ball and can tell them exactly where the storm will hit, oftentimes asking questions like, "Mike I live at xxxxx, what kind of damage can I expect on my street?" A lot of them also don't "trust" the weather forecast and love to post about going with their "gut."

Wow, sounds like every other place on the internet. I like all the info I need to be informed in one convenient place. I never knew there were comments
Yeah, they’re totes cray. But that’s social media…I largely just read his commentary, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom