Tropical Hideaway

britain

Is it confirmed that once Tropical Hideaway is done the Dole Whip post at the Tiki Room entrance will be removed for wider walkways?

britain

I thought I heard that said somewhere, but maybe they meant that once TH opens as a new place to get Dole Whips, that will relieve the lines at the Tiki Room entrance.

shortstop

I thought I heard that said somewhere, but maybe they meant that once TH opens as a new place to get Dole Whips, that will relieve the lines at the Tiki Room entrance.
I don’t even know if that much has been confirmed either. It’s still just speculation at this point, even if it seems likely.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They should sell Dole Whips only on the inside queue area for the Tiki Room. I think it's funny people wait on the outside line for Dole Whip but I can walk right up on the inside line.

Isn't that how it was done originally? I thought the reason they opened the outside was because the waiting area was getting too packed with guests just there for Dole Whip and not the show.

mickEblu

Construction walls are now up, and demolition of Aladdin's Oasis started immediately...

Photo_IMG_9366_disneyland_MiceChat.jpg

I think a Polynesian theme will fit in much better in cramped Adventureland than this random chunk of Arabia ever did.

Photo_IMG_9384_disneyland_MiceChat.jpg

https://micechat.com/194055-disneyland-resort-update-coming-soon/

I dunno, the random chunk of Arabia fits in a very Disneyland way but I agree that the Polynesian themed tropical hideaway will be more thematically consistent. Aladdin’s Oasis never lived up to its potential and it’s too bad because there were some pretty cool details... that I saw the two times I walked In. Lol

Phroobar

Isn't that how it was done originally? I thought the reason they opened the outside was because the waiting area was getting too packed with guests just there for Dole Whip and not the show.
That is the way it use to be. Tourists line up because there is a line. Some of them don't even know what is at the end of it. It's good they don't know there are two lines.

Stevek

On a sad note, Aladdin's Oasis (along with DisneySea's Little Mermaid land) was one of the last projects of the late Imagineer David Mumford. David was a true Disneyphile. We met at the Disney repository at the Anaheim Public Library when we were both in high school.
We lost him too soon.
Mumford, Gordon, Bright...all gone too soon. You could tell by the books all of them wrote (Nickel Tour and Disneyland: Inside Story) that they truly had a passion for the parks and their history.

Professortango1

I dunno, the random chunk of Arabia fits in a very Disneyland way but I agree that the Polynesian themed tropical hideaway will be more thematically consistent. Aladdin’s Oasis never lived up to its potential and it’s too bad because there were some pretty cool details... that I saw the two times I walked In. Lol
The original dinner theatre show was a blast. We went twice and loved it. Then they made it more simplistic. Then they removed dinner and made it storytelling. And then a slow death.

SSG

Original Poster
From MiceChat:

Tropical Hideaway
“Coming Soon” was once a joke fans would tell about signs on closed attractions which took decades to be replaced. But these days “Coming soon” can mean within a few months. We’re keeping a close eye, but those thatched roofs in the background are already an improvement on the Adventureland skyline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom