Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

JD2000

Are those boxes on the left going to make it even more difficult to order from the doll whip stand? All the more reason to shut it down and make you go to tropical hideaway.
Are they not temporary? Otherwise they just removed one obstacle, only to add another.

Professortango1

I miss when the two Polynesian huts framed the entrance. It felt as if I was entering a village rather than a section of a theme park.

Ismael Flores

so are those crates on the left side staying?

If they do then it seems like they just added another obstacle for traffic flow soon after they removed one on the opposite side.

Its kind of how they removed the planters against the Huanted Mansion wall only to replace them with benches and then put a couple of ugly un-themed vending pull carts right across from it. Last Saturday that area was so congested because the cart had a line of people buying stuff and no CM cared to consider telling the crowd of people to turn the line against the planter. The vending cart line just stretched into the walkway all the way up against the benches.

The same with the popcorn cart right next to the French Market place. They destroyed a planter to widen the pathway and then they put vending carts across from each other in the most narrow point. The situation got worse when they closed off the whole center walkway and viewing sections so they could create an extended queue for pirates. They forced people to walk between those two carts and right against a busy eatery.

Makes me wonder if these people in the various departments talk to each other. Outdoor vending seems to be the one department that has the most illogical places to put their un-themed pull carts. I know that its all about trapping guests to sell more but most of the time they are the ones creating the bottlenecks. At least train the CM's to have guests line up differently instead of right in front of the cart.

Maybe then all these planter removals in that area of the park will work.

here is the spot:

red was how the line was forming and growing
yellow is how they should have had a CM direct guests.

so this is how they set things up on Saturday

They had all the yellow area closed for queue
The red was the pathway being used by guests for eatery entrance and to get thru from one side of New Orleans to the other
The blue squares were vending booths which also started to form a line and blocking the flow of guests

mickEblu

so are those crates on the left side staying?

If they do then it seems like they just added another obstacle for traffic flow soon after they removed one on the opposite side.

Its kind of how they removed the planters against the Huanted Mansion wall only to replace them with benches and then put a couple of ugly un-themed vending pull carts right across from it. Last Saturday that area was so congested because the cart had a line of people buying stuff and no CM cared to consider telling the crowd of people to turn the line against the planter. The vending cart line just stretched into the walkway all the way up against the benches.

The same with the popcorn cart right next to the French Market place. They destroyed a planter to widen the pathway and then they put vending carts across from each other in the most narrow point. The situation got worse when they closed off the whole center walkway and viewing sections so they could create an extended queue for pirates. They forced people to walk between those two carts and right against a busy eatery.

Makes me wonder if these people in the various departments talk to each other. Outdoor vending seems to be the one department that has the most illogical places to put their un-themed pull carts. I know that its all about trapping guests to sell more but most of the time they are the ones creating the bottlenecks. At least train the CM's to have guests line up differently instead of right in front of the cart.

Maybe then all these planter removals in that area of the park will work.

here is the spot:

red was how the line was forming and growing
yellow is how they should have had a CM direct guests.

View attachment 375118

so this is how they set things up on Saturday

They had all the yellow area closed for queue
The red was the pathway being used by guests for eatery entrance and to get thru from one side of New Orleans to the other
The blue squares were vending booths which also started to form a line and blocking the flow of guests

View attachment 375119

Makes you wonder why they re really getting rid of the planters 🤔

All I know is they better not get rid of the planter between French Market and Magnolia Park

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Makes you wonder why they re really getting rid of the planters 🤔

All I know is they better not get rid of the painter between French Market and Magnolia Park

When they had the walls up to remove the Huanted Mansion planters i was afraid that they would take the drastic step of actually taking some of the Haunted mansion lawn area away and pushing the wall back.

mickEblu

When they had the walls up to remove the Huanted Mansion planters i was afraid that they would take the drastic step of actually taking some of the Haunted mansion lawn area away and pushing the wall back.

That’s a scary thought. I think I recall and that’s what sparked my idea of some additional queue on the other side of the berm

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I’m really starting to think the whole Project Stardust is just a way of covering their butts when the park is so full that no one can move and the complaints come rolling in. They can say “we did our best to alleviate the crowd problems“.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom