Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Why does Disney let so many people into a park that can't handle that kind of capacity. Why are there so many clueless people that don't understand that Disneyland is beyond capacity. Something is extremely broken in Disney management. Lines like that should NEVER happen.
ANSWER: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
THEY LOVE MONIES!!!!!!!!!!

mickEblu

Please tell me you're being ironic. Those "doors" are a wall. On the other side is the Indy queue.

After you leave Indy's entry temple, go through the zigzag, pass the drinking fountain, then start down the long slope with the exit path to your left, you are in the old Pirates extended queue. It went almost all the way down to the bottom, just before you enter the caverns.

Wow I have no recollection of an extended queue. Probably because it was usually pleasant and empty when I went as a kid.

sirstude

I remember the extended queue from the first couple of times we went. They could put a bunch of people in it and out of the way of the rest. After Indy, no more Queue.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
When you first enter the temple, you turn right and go a little ways, then you enter a small circular room with a small monument-type thing in the middle. If you look right, there's a door that says "Do not enter" or something similar. I believe that door goes into the small storage space you are seeing in SuddenStorm's picture above.

I also believe in the straight path Old Mouseketeer mentions above (the long slope with the exit path to your left) there is a cast member door on the wall on your right, and that door leads into the Pirates building near the passenger load area.

Ismael Flores

Wow I have no recollection of an extended queue. Probably because it was usually pleasant and empty when I went as a kid.

If I remember correctly this is where the extended queue was/is. half way thru the queue is a set of green wooden doors that are mostly kept closed. I remember walking thru that part of the queue and feeling the rumble of high water pressure so I'm guessing that there must be some maintenance service access point in that area.

here is a google map screenshot of the area and I marked it in yellow. The red is the proximate area of the doors/gate and the square knocked out from the yellow area is where they added an elevator a few years back to access the upstairs club.

from what I understand they do use the extended queue up to the gate marked in red a friend that goes once or twice a week after work says he has at occasions seen the doors swung open at sending the queue to the remaining queue but not sure if that is still happening or when was the last time he saw it opened

Anyone familiar with the Indy queue and how it travels along the edge of the jungle cruise river down to the showroom?

Where in the map would the large rotunda in the queue before the projection room is located? Is it located inside the same showroom of the actual ride or is it underground. Its difficult to tell in google map with all the trees and the map view doesn't show the path.

reason I ask is, what would the possibilities be of actually extending the overflow queue for pirates even more along the show building if they are really looking into cleaning up queues in pathways?

so if the yellow is the approximate extended queue that existed I wonder if the green area I marked can be slightly themed to be more extended queue when needed.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

When you first enter the temple, you turn right and go a little ways, then you enter a small circular room with a small monument-type thing in the middle. If you look right, there's a door that says "Do not enter" or something similar. I believe that door goes into the small storage space you are seeing in SuddenStorm's picture above.

I also believe in the straight path Old Mouseketeer mentions above (the long slope with the exit path to your left) there is a cast member door on the wall on your right, and that door leads into the Pirates building near the passenger load area.

I don't think the storage area in that picture is what is accessed from the rotunda gates in Indy. That small storage area looks like it is part of what used to be the extended pirates queue once past the green doors. that would put it before the Indy rotunda which I believe is the part of the queue that is called "avenue of the voices"

wish we had 360 pictures of the queue but if I remember correctly somewhere between the "buried collanade" section of the queue and the rotunda (or maybe even in the rotunda are a set of doors which can be opened to allow a large work vehicle to access the area.

I remember during an AP preview of the construction zone before the ride opening seeing something that looked like a small road that access a tunnel.

now I don't know if it was an actual tunnel but my guess is that it is and that it probably merges with the tunnel that runs under the train track

for fun here is a map of the Indy excavation site that I found

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I don't think the storage area in that picture is what is accessed from the rotunda gates in Indy. That small storage area looks like it is part of what used to be the extended pirates queue once past the green doors. that would put it before the Indy rotunda which I believe is the part of the queue that is called "avenue of the voices"

wish we had 360 pictures of the queue but if I remember correctly somewhere between the "buried collanade" section of the queue and the rotunda (or maybe even in the rotunda are a set of doors which can be opened to allow a large work vehicle to access the area.

I remember during an AP preview of the construction zone before the ride opening seeing something that looked like a small road that access a tunnel.

now I don't know if it was an actual tunnel but my guess is that it is and that it probably merges with the tunnel that runs under the train trackView attachment 367557

for fun here is a map of the Indy excavation site that I found

View attachment 367560

Yeah, it's frustrating how was can't get a good shot from Google maps due to the trees. My assumptions come from two (unofficial) sources.

The first is OpenStreetMaps:

You can see where the extended Pirates queue now only goes back so far and there is a little bit of space before hitting the rotunda area of the Indy queue.

The second is from a Flickr site where this guy whom I believe is an architect has used old blueprints and other sources to construct his own blueprints of the park. Obviously it's also not official, but his interpretation is also pretty close to OSM above.

shortstop

The second is from a Flickr site where this guy whom I believe is an architect has used old blueprints and other sources to construct his own blueprints of the park. Obviously it's also not official, but his interpretation is also pretty close to OSM above.
Got a link to this Flickr site? 👀

SuddenStorm

Yeah, it's frustrating how was can't get a good shot from Google maps due to the trees. My assumptions come from two (unofficial) sources.

View attachment 367633

You can see where the extended Pirates queue now only goes back so far and there is a little bit of space before hitting the rotunda area of the Indy queue.

View attachment 367635

Hit me with that site

Ismael Flores

View attachment 367633

View attachment 367635
those are cool thanks for sharing.

Im guessing the second one is showing the obelisk room against the extended pirates queue. that would put the rotunda further south closer to the show building which would make sense. There is no way the rotunda room would be so far north away from the main show building
this answers my question as to how much room there would be against the pirate showbuilding to extend a pirate queue which is none.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom