Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

fctiger

The vlog/podcast thing will be popular for a bit -- put a lot of people will eventually grow tired of producing that stuff and move on to something else, especially when they see the viewers/$$$ aren't there. And if the viewers/$$$ are there, then hey, more power to 'em if they're able to find an audience who digs it.

Honestly I don't see why people are so bothered by this? I doubt most people are doing it to make a lot of money, Disney is clearly their hobby and its a fun way to show people these things. I don't see vlogging any different than all the Disney websites that have pop up including this one. Do people think they are running this for free? I'm guessing they want to make money from it too and obviously making enough to keep it going but with all the competition out there (and people just using things like FB, Twitter and yes Youtube) its probably not very lucrative as it once was. But I imagine no one thought running a Disney website would give them a chance to retire early anymore than posting videos on YT. You like at vloggers liked Fresh Baked, its clear that guy just love being in the parks and giving us any updates he can. That's what any fan would do if they could.

People should just be thankful there are tools and people who takes the time to produce these things because not everyone has the time or money to go as much and its a way to stay informed. Sometimes I get so sick of hearing people who spending hours daily on Disney websites knocking others for simply being proactive with their hobby. They are too happy in their videos, yes, that's a crime and why we allo all go to DL so we don't have to see CMS giving us fake smiles and enthusiasm all day long.

Attractions

New
C. Falco - Zambezi River 1831 - No association. River being that of Angel's Falls in Africa. Possible Blue Sky Animal Kingdom concept? We know the Shanghai boat tech was being bandied about.

That would be Victoria Falls on the Zambezi in Africa. First European to see it was Dr. Livingstone (I presume). He explored the river and surrounding country. (I spent some time there this summer)

Last edited:

mickEblu

It’s the combination of sweet and savory. Something similar like eating pancakes and sausage/bacon or chicken and waffles.

I enjoy chicken and waffles (from the right place) and I get the sweet and savory thing but I’ll never get bacon on donuts. Maybe because it always looks like bacon that’s 9 days old and has been run over by my car?

Anyway bacon crumbles on a dole whip sound nasty to me.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Honestly I don't see why people are so bothered by this? I doubt most people are doing it to make a lot of money, Disney is clearly their hobby and its a fun way to show people these things. I don't see vlogging any different than all the Disney websites that have pop up including this one. Do people think they are running this for free? I'm guessing they want to make money from it too and obviously making enough to keep it going but with all the competition out there (and people just using things like FB, Twitter and yes Youtube) its probably not very lucrative as it once was. But I imagine no one thought running a Disney website would give them a chance to retire early anymore than posting videos on YT. You like at vloggers liked Fresh Baked, its clear that guy just love being in the parks and giving us any updates he can. That's what any fan would do if they could.

People should just be thankful there are tools and people who takes the time to produce these things because not everyone has the time or money to go as much and its a way to stay informed. Sometimes I get so sick of hearing people who spending hours daily on Disney websites knocking others for simply being proactive with their hobby. They are too happy in their videos, yes, that's a crime and why we allo all go to DL so we don't have to see CMS giving us fake smiles and enthusiasm all day long.

Oftentimes, these vloggers like to deliver news and rumors as if they're some type of insider, even though they're not. Even if the core rumor/news is true, they'll often speculate and expand on it with their own thoughts, that many times people take as fact.

Vloggers like Offhand Disney actively rip comments, posts, other YouTube footage, and entire blog posts in their videos. One of his history videos was literally him reading a blog post over a medley of other people's footage- and he has the audacity to have a patreon and ask for money. Many vloggers also perpetuate urban legends and half truths to the community, creating a distorted view of park history and confusing many.

I've seen history videos that try to have a sort of narrative/story that's out of place and at the expense of facts. I've seen Disneyland trivia videos that share blatant lies.

I'm sure the vloggers are loved by tweens who view the parks differently than adults or the folks on here tend to, but after 2 years of educated and insightful discussion on here with people who often know way more than I, I've found little reason to follow misinformed vloggers on YouTube.

Californian Elitist

I enjoy chicken and waffles (from the right place) and I get the sweet and savory thing but I’ll never get the bacon on donuts. Maybe because it always looks like bacon that’s 9 days old and has been run over by my car?

Anyway bacon crumbles on a dole whip sound nasty to me.

Bacon on doughnuts is actually pretty tasty. But yeah, for the most part, doughnuts never look fresh.

I’ve had a bacon on a cupcake before. That was also good. But I agree, a dole whip with bacon doesn’t sound as good. I think it’s because the sweet taste is different. It’s tangy-sweet. Not the same as eating pancakes and sausage/bacon.

fctiger

Oftentimes, these vloggers like to deliver news and rumors as if they're some type of insider, even though they're not. Even if the core rumor/news is true, they'll often speculate and expand on it with their own thoughts, that many times people take as fact.

Vloggers like Offhand Disney actively rip comments, posts, other YouTube footage, and entire blog posts in their videos. One of his history videos was literally him reading a blog post over a medley of other people's footage- and he has the audacity to have a patreon and ask for money. Many vloggers also perpetuate urban legends and half truths to the community, creating a distorted view of park history and confusing many.

I've seen history videos that try to have a sort of narrative/story that's out of place and at the expense of facts. I've seen Disneyland trivia videos that share blatant lies.

I'm sure the vloggers are loved by tweens who view the parks differently than adults or the folks on here tend to, but after 2 years of educated and insightful discussion on here with people who often know way more than I, I've found little reason to follow misinformed vloggers on YouTube.

OK well of course they are going to be crappy ones like you can find in any industry about everything (and have no idea who Offhand Disney is until you mentioned him). It's still the internet, there is misleading info about things from posters on these very boards. This isn't exactly a new concept, especially how people discuss geek subjects like theme parks. I use to love Al Lutz who probably got way more things wrong than right but you go with it. And he had a very captive audience for years.

I'm not trying to defend vloggers I'm only saying is the internet is a big big place. If you don't like them, fine, just don't click on them. Or click on the ones you do like which I really love about 3-4 and actively subscribe to. But none of this stuff matters or affects anyone lives so who cares? Vloggers have become a big subculture of the internet like social media in general has. A sign of the times. But if you hate them, OK, that's fine too.

Last edited:

mickEblu

The thing that bothers me most about the removal of all these random planters is that the crowd flow is only so slightly improved that it’s just not worth the loss of charm/ ambiance. The projects that actually made some real improvements were the Dumbo Q, IASW Q, Adventureland stroller parking/ shops/ Bengal seating reconfiguration and the Tropical Hideaway. A few planters may have been sacrificed in these projects but it was for the greater good and for the most part there wasn’t a net loss in ambiance. With IASW we even gained trees.

Maybe they should focus on the real issue. Crowds. And not sticking bandaids all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom