Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

Stevek

Every once in a while I see a cool pin for an attraction I like, and I'm tempted to bite.

But then I think for a sec and decide that's a floodgate best left closed. Those suckers are expensive! I cringe whenever I see lanyards full of em.
We only buy pins as a souvenir from a trip...for example, we went to WDW and bought a pin from each park and one from the hotel. Nothing beyond that though.

mickEblu

They may as well stop calling it a park. Welcome to stroller parking, tank sized motorized cart accommodating, path to Star Wars Land World

mickEblu

I'm a poorly re-done Adventureland / Frontierland waterway away from throwing In the towel. Someone call me when these bums running things are gone.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Little by little they re chipping away at what makes Disneyland Disneyland. Fools.
They may as well stop calling it a park. Welcome to stroller parking, tank sized motorized cart accommodating, path to Star Wars Land World
I'm a poorly re-done Adventureland / Frontierland waterway away from throwing In the towel. Someone call me when these bums running things are gone.
Do you think they got that bamboo wall at Home Depot or Lowes? Probably at Orchard on clearance since they're going out of business.

Hyperbolic much... ;):p:cool:

Come on its not that bad. Things have to change. There was no way around it. Even if SW:GE didn't come to the park they would have had to make a lot of these changes anyways due to crowd sizes.

mickEblu

Hyperbolic much... ;):p:cool:

Come on its not that bad. Things have to change. There was no way around it. Even if SW:GE didn't come to the park they would have had to make a lot of these changes anyways due to crowd sizes.

Sure things change but do you mean to say you think this is the best they can do ? An unsightly ramp to the immediate left of the marquee? A Home depot bamboo fence?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure things change but do you mean to say you think this is the best they can do ? An unsightly ramp to the immediate left of the marquee? A Home depot bamboo fence?

Do I think it could be better, of course. But with limited amount of space and specific requirements needed for a ramp there wasn't a lot they could do.

Its a 1955 park trying to be updated to 2018 times.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...and they're doing a poor job.

You've said the ramp is unsightly and earlier said why didn't they hide it with a wall. Imagine how you'd feel if you were a person in a wheelchair having to first ask where the ramp was (because its hidden), and then having to go behind a wall to get to the ramp. You'd feel like a second class citizen because people want the ramp and "those" people hidden. As someone with people in my family that are wheelchair bound, that is how I feel when I hear "it should be hidden by a wall".

mickEblu

You've said the ramp is unsightly and earlier said why didn't they hide it with a wall. Imagine how you'd feel if you were a person in a wheelchair having to first ask where the ramp was (because its hidden), and then having to go behind a wall to get to the ramp. You'd feel like a second class citizen because people want the ramp and "those" people hidden. As someone with people in my family that are wheelchair bound, that is how I feel when I hear "it should be hidden by a wall".

Oh please. We all have to go looking for things the first time we're at a new place. Then, the second time, we all know its there. But ugly, you cant change ugly. Well you can with a little effort and money. Which i guess is my point. Plus, they could have put a wheelchair sign or something on top of the rock work.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh please. We all have to go looking for things the first time when we're at a new place. Then, the second time, we all know its there. But ugly, you cant change ugly. Well you can with a little effort and money. Which i guess is my point. Plus, they could have put a wheelchair sign or something on top of the rock work.

I understand you don't like the way it looks. The point I was trying to make, ugly or not, there is no reason to have the ramp hidden by a wall other than you just don't want to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom