Trophy Room opening day event at Disney Springs

jt04

Hrudey3032

Here we go again...is this what Disney really wants?

I work for one of the major shoe retailers in Corporate Office for Loss Prevention and I have seen some crazy things at the stores on camera for releases. I just can't phathom the need for these shoes that seem to be released often. Having this at Disney makes me cringe as to what could happen.

Next Big Thing

I work for one of the major shoe retailers in Corporate Office for Loss Prevention and I have seen some crazy things at the stores on camera for releases. I just can't phathom the need for these shoes that seem to be released often. Having this at Disney makes me cringe as to what could happen.
Disney already proved with it's opening shoe release, you are going to have to jump through hoops in order to get in the store. You'll have to show up the day before to get a wristband at 7am, then show up at opening again the next day. Things should mostly be fine. And sneaker fights are very minor in the historical context of fights/incidents at Disney Springs/DTD.

Hrudey3032

Disney already proved with it's opening shoe release, you are going to have to jump through hoops in order to get in the store. You'll have to show up the day before to get a wristband at 7am, then show up at opening again the next day. Things should mostly be fine. And sneaker fights are very minor in the historical context of fights/incidents at Disney Springs/DTD.

I get that it has been minimal but this is a still early thing. Like alot of other things lately will Disney get lax with this too? With our company people have to line up and get a number but watching some of the video on the news and at work has shown me that this Jordan stuff is at a premium right now and some knuckleheads will try ruining for all. Not on every Retro is this a issue but wait til the really limited editions come out or the big one for Christmas. It could be a headache.

Next Big Thing

I get that it has been minimal but this is a still early thing. Like alot of other things lately will Disney get lax with this too? With our company people have to line up and get a number but watching some of the video on the news and at work has shown me that this Jordan stuff is at a premium right now and some knuckleheads will try ruining for all. Not on every Retro is this a issue but wait til the really limited editions come out or the big one for Christmas. It could be a headache.
Disney is running a real mall now though - They're going to have to put up with store releases and learning how to control crowds. Their first crack at it Monday went well, we'll see how things go as time moves on.

Last edited:

Hrudey3032

Disney is running a real mall now though - They're going to have to put up with store releases and learning how to control crowds. Their first crack at it yesterday went well, we'll see how things go as time moves on.

Hey I am hopeful myself but just based on previous experience in my job even some of the best run sales have had issues. Lets both hope for the best!

tribbleorlfl

Firstly, Marcus Jordan was around. He was very nice and talking with people:

View attachment 143540
Yeah, Marcus is a great guy, real down to earth and not what you'd expect from the son of a legend. He'd always come over and talk to fans (especially kids) before and after games.. Heck of a player, too, he just couldn't quite get us over the hump before walking away to finish his degree.

I wish him the best, and so far, TR seems like a success. I do wish his clothing line had panned out, that way he wouldn't quite have to rely on his father's brand so much.

Tay

All of MJ kids seem really nice and down to earth. Marcus responds to people on Twitter so it doesn't surprise that he hangs out all day interacting with customers. They all rely on their father's brand a lot but who wouldn't ? I love sneakers. I can't wait to shop there.

It would never happen but man if he allowed 10% off or even 5% for AP holders I would buy one.

Hrudey3032

All of MJ kids seem really nice and down to earth. Marcus responds to people on Twitter so it doesn't surprise that he hangs out all day interacting with customers. They all rely on their father's brand a lot but who wouldn't ? I love sneakers. I can't wait to shop there.

It would never happen but man if he allowed 10% off or even 5% for AP holders I would buy one.

I get 30% off on most Jordan's through my company and I still won't buy them for the cost after discount.

Tay

I get 30% off on most Jordan's through my company and I still won't buy them for the cost after discount.
Let me use it then lol jk. I haven't bought any in a while saving for DL, DLP for their anniversary, and an all Asian Disney Parks trip during the 2020 Olympics. Most major sneaker addicts on the sneaker forum I go to offer major cash to Nike employees for their 40% off discount. Some car salesmen offered a great discount on a car. These people buy like 10-20 shoes a month and sometimes multiple pairs of the same shoe. I could never afford that much. Has to be tempting for the minimum wage employee but they'll get fired if they give strangers their discounts.

I really hope Disney is prepared when Drake's next Jordan releases 7/30 or when the Christmas Jordans release.

Hrudey3032

Let me use it then lol jk. I haven't bought any in a while saving for DL, DLP for their anniversary, and an all Asian Disney Parks trip during the 2020 Olympics. Most major sneaker addicts on the sneaker forum I go to offer major cash to Nike employees for their 40% off discount. Some car salesmen offered a great discount on a car. These people buy like 10-20 shoes a month and sometimes multiple pairs of the same shoe. I could never afford that much. Has to be tempting for the minimum wage employee but they'll get fired if they give strangers their discounts.

I really hope Disney is prepared when Drake's next Jordan releases 7/30 or when the Christmas Jordans release.

Lol yea my job(Loss Prevention Supervisor) is to look for those employees who abuse their discounts and steal so sadly I can't oblige and be like those NIke reps. As far as people loading up on those shoes trust me I have seen some of our employees who go all out to make sure they buy those before they get a car!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Trophy Room at Disney Springs to close at the end of May

matt9112

Sad news. Wonder if the store is relocating in Orlando.

Disney Springs definitely needs an athletic shoe store.

nah they dont.....under armor is still there and you know its Disney world not the mall. i firmly believe people want unique experiences. even if its still a large mall people want uniquely disney stuff to match the unique special parks and resorts. how many shoes can you sell to justfiy it? your competing with the well estsblished outlets. im loosing count of how many times your wrong.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sad news. Wonder if the store is relocating in Orlando.

Disney Springs definitely needs an athletic shoe store.
This was more or a collectors store, not a shoe store. There is of course Curl and Fit2Run on the West Side that are actual athletic shoe stores.

jt04

nah they dont.....under armor is still there and you know its Disney world not the mall. i firmly believe people want unique experiences. even if its still a large mall people want uniquely disney stuff to match the unique special parks and resorts. how many shoes can you sell to justfiy it? your competing with the well estsblished outlets. im loosing count of how many times your wrong.

So why would you say it needs "uniquely Disney stuff" while contradicting that by defending the presence of Under Armor? TR was much more unique.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom