TRON Coaster Launch

Amidala

Original Poster
I realize this is kind of a shot in the dark, but has anyone on here been on TRON at Shanghai? And if so, what are your thoughts on the thrill level? I'm fine with 99% of RnR (don't mind the inversions or the speed at all, and I don't mind drops within reason) but the 0-57mph launch does a number on my anxiety. I've done it a few times with no problem, but lately anticipation of the launch has been making my heart beat really fast, and I've started opting out. Is the launch on TRON pretty much comparable to the launch on RnR? And does it feel any different with the motorbike as opposed to a regular coaster seat?

Would really hate to miss this ride when it comes to WDW just because the high speed launch freaks me out, but it's looking like that may be the case /:

BrianLo

It's much smoother than RnRC, so certainly way more enjoyable. A similar amount of kick, but I don't think more.

I don't think there is the same amount anticipation by comparison. You don't have Steven Tyler screaming at you with a countdown clock.

But I didn't exactly ride both within days of one another, nor am I a regular WDW veteran, so it's hard to compare in hindsight. I did however like Tron and don't really like RnRc as a coaster.

GiveMeTheMusic

I realize this is kind of a shot in the dark, but has anyone on here been on TRON at Shanghai? And if so, what are your thoughts on the thrill level? I'm fine with 99% of RnR (don't mind the inversions or the speed at all, and I don't mind drops within reason) but the 0-57mph launch does a number on my anxiety. I've done it a few times with no problem, but lately anticipation of the launch has been making my heart beat really fast, and I've started opting out. Is the launch on TRON pretty much comparable to the launch on RnR? And does it feel any different with the motorbike as opposed to a regular coaster seat?

Would really hate to miss this ride when it comes to WDW just because the high speed launch freaks me out, but it's looking like that may be the case /:

It's smoother than RnRC and not quite as fast (as far as I know). There isn't as much build up or a countdown to the launch quite like RnRC and being on the lightcycle bike makes it more fun, if anything. You have handlebars to hold onto and feel a bit more in control for that reason. When the ride comes to WDW, you should definitely ride it.

IMDREW

My experience was that because of the bike riding position you're in, it feels a lot faster than it actually is. It makes it feel more intense, but def not more than RnRC imho. If you're too scared to do it you could ride the wheelchair accesible kart the first time you do it. In that thing it almost feels slow :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom