News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JohnD

Give me a bottle anyday. (Opinions… obviously; your mileage might vary)

1) resealable… which means I don’t need to gulp it down before entering a ride
2) ice just waters down a drink as it melts.
3) even if I don’t get ice the fizz is gone too quickly
4)there is too much inconsistency with fountain. While dark soda is easier to tell, when the syrup is getting low, I am always worried about the soda roulette with sprite. refreshing Lemon lime? or unexpected Beverly?
5) the wild sputter and spit you sometimes get at a fountain. I really don’t enjoy the sticky syrup all over my hands thanks.

The plastic bottle is a problem… so chalk that one up to a win for fountain

Not to go too far down this rabbit hole but if you still want Coke in a glass bottle, look for "Mexican Coke" in the ethnic food section. I didn't realize that until I ordered it from a restaurant for take out, thinking it was a special flavor or something. Nope. It's Coke in a glass bottle. Remember, it requires a bottle opener! Then I saw it again in the ethnic food section of Publix.

Last edited:

doctornick

Not to go too far down this rabbit hole but if you still want Coke in a glass bottle, look for "Mexican Coke" in the ethnic food section. I didn't realize that until I ordered it from a restaurant for take out, thinking it was a special flavor or something. Nope. It's Coke in a glass bottle. Remember, it requires a bottle opener! Then I saw it again in the ethnic food section of Publix.
Mexican Coke uses cane sugar as opposed to high fructose corn syrup as a sweetener IIRC. So it should taste differently somewhat than “regular” Coke

Andrew M

You do realize that the WDWRR won’t be going through the middle of a building, right?

Is there any reason why they haven't started work on the tracks/shed yet? I thought once the work on the canopy was done that meant it was all clear for the track to be rebuilt.

I saw a rumor on FB, which I'm taking with about a tablespoon of salt, that they 'messed up with the clearances and the train doesn't fit', which from an Engineer's perspective seems completely ridiculous that something could progress this far without being caught.

Captain Barbossa

Is there any reason why they haven't started work on the tracks/shed yet? I thought once the work on the canopy was done that meant it was all clear for the track to be rebuilt.
Work on the canopy isn’t done yet. They’re still putting on the safety netting, and once that is finished, they will install the final covering for the canopy. It’s getting close to being finished, but not quite there yet.

I saw a rumor on FB, which I'm taking with about a tablespoon of salt, that they 'messed up with the clearances and the train doesn't fit', which from an Engineer's perspective seems completely ridiculous that something could progress this far without being caught.
I don’t trust the WDWRR FB group. It’s a load of 💩. Everyone is an authority and there’s not a snowball chance in hell that someone is wrong. I just read it for amusement. The amount of stupidity in that group amazes me. However, it is great for modeling. That’s the only good thing about it lol.

But anyways, I know which post you’re talking about, and yes, you should most definitely take it with a tablespoon, maybe even a pound, of salt. The person who posted it is a WDWRR CM (engineer/fireman), or he was until the WDWRR went down for Tron construction, who’s notorious for lying/spreading false info. For example, last week he argued that they didn’t send Roger to Strasburg until Walter returned, which we know isn’t true.

So I honestly don’t know if the clearance issue is true or not.

Andrew M

Work on the canopy isn’t done yet. They’re still putting on the safety netting, and once that is finished, they will install the final covering for the canopy. It’s getting close to being finished, but not quite there yet.

I don’t trust the WDWRR FB group. It’s a load of 💩. Everyone is an authority and there’s not a snowball chance in hell that someone is wrong. I just read it for amusement. The amount of stupidity in that group amazes me. However, it is great for modeling. That’s the only good thing about it lol.

But anyways, I know which post you’re talking about, and yes, you should most definitely take it with a tablespoon, maybe even a pound, of salt. The person who posted it is a WDWRR CM (engineer/fireman), or he was until the WDWRR went down for Tron construction, who’s notorious for lying/spreading false info. For example, last week he argued that they didn’t send Roger to Strasburg until Walter returned, which we know isn’t true.

So I honestly don’t know if the clearance issue is true or not.

Ah, thank you! That makes alot more sense, I thought when they removed the crane and put on that netting mesh, that was it. It's a shame at this rate it probably won't be ready for October, especially since that 500' gap could easily be closed in a week.

And yeah, just seems like complete nonsense. I'm glad I don't really get involved.

G00fyDad

You do realize that the WDWRR won’t be going through the middle of a building, right?
Tron.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Concept art isn't accurate.

I wouldn't even begin to imagine how the artist could fit a covered track going under the canopy even if they wanted to show it.

We know the train passage will be covered, like a covered bridge is covered, or what most people would call 'a tunnel.' Can't have the steam of the engine hitting Tron passengers.

But again, you're trying to make the point of "not thematic" and that's already been covered in this thread. For you see, the point that the old timey railroad was incongruous to Tomorrowland was already hand-waved away by Disney themselves in the train's spiel...

You mean like this?...

"There are some who say that this steam train is a little old-fashioned — but for me, it’s the only way to travel. Of course, there are those who prefer to hit the highway, and on the right, you just might spot some pint-sized drivers taking their first spin behind the wheel of a car. Gettin’ from place to place is a big deal in Tomorrowland, where you might board a PeopleMover, zip around on the Astro Orbiter, or book a flight across the galaxy at our busy Starport in Space Mountain. Tomorrowland is truly a world on the move!
Speaking of moving, seems like a whole lot of new neighbors have been migrating in from all corners of the Milky Way. There’s that rascally Experiment 626 — better known as Stitch — always up to his usual antics. Buzz Lightyear is scoutin’ for a few good Space Rangers. Even the monsters of Monstropolis have taken a shine to Tomorrowland. I hear those monsters are pretty funny (they’re sure funny-lookin’).
Yup, the future is here today at the Magic Kingdom — and the future looks like a lot of fun. But after workin’ on the railroad all the live-long day, it’s nice to come home to good old Main Street, U.S.A. Inspired by the small-town dreams of a young Walt Disney, a walk down Main Street is like steppin’ back into the early years of the 20th century. Of course, ours is a Main Street of the imagination, and we’ve got our own hometown hero: Mickey Mouse! Mickey and his friends have gathered at the Town Square Theatre, and they’re always happy to meet their fans!"

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Concept art isn't accurate.

I wouldn't even begin to imagine how the artist could fit a covered track going under the canopy even if they wanted to show it.

We know the train passage will be covered, like a covered bridge is covered, or what most people would call 'a tunnel.' Can't have the steam of the engine hitting Tron passengers.

But again, you're trying to score the point of "not thematic" and that's already been covered in this thread if you care to read it instead of your fact free torpedoes. For you see, the point that the old timey railroad was incongruous to Tomorrowland was already hand-waved away by Disney themselves in the train's spiel...

Relax. It will add years to your life. ;) Sorry you didn't get the joke of that photo. Is your last name Timex?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There was a rumor posted here a few months ago saying that the new track bed was causing a clearance problem with the Splash Mountain tunnel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom