News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

At Disneyland you could also turn around, leave, and be at 20 different restaurants in less time than the walk to Small World. At MK outside the gates I believe there’s a Joffreys in the AM and popcorn cart in the PM, or you could walk to contempo, but that walk is further than like DL to IHOP.
And a Jamba Juice, Salt & Straw, and Starbucks with Reserve / Clover!

doctornick

At Disneyland you could also turn around, leave, and be at 20 different restaurants in less time than the walk to Small World. At MK outside the gates I believe there’s a Joffreys in the AM and popcorn cart in the PM, or you could walk to contempo, but that walk is further than like DL to IHOP.

But that also illustrates the need: people have a lot of options in close proximity for DL, so the park has more options of (arguably) better quality to keep people from choosing non-Disney places to eat. MK is a hassle to get to and leave and has a more captive audience.

(Not arguing that it's "right" just mentioning why there is less motivation for TDO to do something about it)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
But that also illustrates the need: people have a lot of options in close proximity for DL, so the park has more options of (arguably) better quality to keep people from choosing non-Disney places to eat. MK is a hassle to get to and leave and has a more captive audience.

(Not arguing that it's "right" just mentioning why there is less motivation for TDO to do something about it)
Yes, and it’s such a bummer. The food is unmistakably better and cheaper in California (not right now, the menus there right now are even more limited than the ones at WDW, but rather pre-covid), and it wasn’t long ago the food was better in Orlando.

Anyhoo, Tron looks cool.

TrainsOfDisney

But that also illustrates the need: people have a lot of options in close proximity for DL, so the park has more options of (arguably) better quality to keep people from choosing non-Disney places to eat.
The places I was referring to are Disney places... unless we aren’t counting 3rd parties on Disney property but that’s throwing quite a lot out.

UNCgolf

The places I was referring to are Disney places... unless we aren’t counting 3rd parties on Disney property but that’s throwing quite a lot out.

Universal benefits from this as well. The food inside their parks is almost uniformly awful (I've heard there are a few exceptions, but every meal we ate in the parks was atrocious), but you can just walk out of the front gate and eat at CityWalk which has plenty of decent options. Epic Universe won't have that, though, so they may have to step up their food quality when it opens.

There's as much (and probably more) solid food at Disney Springs as at CityWalk, but going to Disney Springs from one of the parks is a much bigger commitment/time sink.

ToTBellHop

Universal benefits from this as well. The food inside their parks is almost uniformly awful (I've heard there are a few exceptions, but every meal we ate in the parks was atrocious), but you can just walk out of the front gate and eat at CityWalk which has plenty of decent options. Epic Universe won't have that, though, so they may have to step up their food quality when it opens.

There's as much (and probably more) solid food at Disney Springs as at CityWalk, but going to Disney Springs from one of the parks is a much bigger commitment/time sink.
Isn’t Epic Universe getting its own (smaller) entertainment district?

Not that we should continue along this tangent.

Splashin' Ryan

If you match it up with Shanghai's version there's definitely a structure (circled in red) that they have that WDW doesn't but WDW also doesn't have the space for that structure either. So maybe its just a smaller version of it being built here?
1627156904954.png

Screenshot 2021-07-24 155934.png

lazyboy97o

If you match it up with Shanghai's version there's definitely a structure (circled in red) that they have that WDW doesn't but WDW also doesn't have the space for that structure either. So maybe its just a smaller version of it being built here?
View attachment 574478
View attachment 574479
The building in Shanghai is the post show building. That’s not coming to the US and the pad is a lot smaller.

doctornick

It looks like (depending on how big it ends up being) this building might end up blocking some of the views of the big box. Hopefully this building is more themed
Yeah. That’s the corner that I always thought would be a good spot for a bunch of taller trees to block the show building from the most egregious in park views (from the pathway and circus area). A themed building works too. Still wouldn’t be great but would help by putting more visually interesting in the foreground

Rockishcoco

View attachment 574478
View attachment 574479
Might be wrong here but pretty sure that’s a private lounge for the corporate sponsor of Tron at Shanghai. Which is Chevrolet, I know for sure they have a meeting space in the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom