News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

J4546

so this is what the train route should look like from above when done I think

Attachments

• 1625256008497.png
    1625256008497.png
    811.3 KB · Views: 272

JoeCamel

Are they going to wait til after hurricane season to start sticking panels in? I'm surprised they are putting up all the netting before moving on. It will make it hard to do anything to the grid using lifts from below

Lil Copter Cap

Whether or not they are going to widen the path is a legit question. How they are going to do it is irrelevant because they are not planning to.
Absolutely. The concept art a few pages back is generous in showing how much space is available for walking. I'm surprised this wasn't taken into consideration. The bottlenecks are going to be horrendous.

On a side note, which may have been discussed here already, I've heard that construction crews changed hands at least three times during this entire build, which has also largely contributed to its delays.

ToTBellHop

Absolutely. The concept art a few pages back is generous in showing how much space is available for walking. I'm surprised this wasn't taken into consideration. The bottlenecks are going to be horrendous.

On a side note, which may have been discussed here already, I've heard that construction crews changed hands at least three times during this entire build, which has also largely contributed to its delays.
Well, you’ll need a BG next spring last I heard, so…

TrainsOfDisney

And Guardians. Didn’t see Rat mentioned. One per park is the max, it seems.

Of course Fastpass+$ could change plans, but I gather you’d pay or enjoy 7 seconds of stress at 7 am to ride.
And if they start charging now Disney has a motive to provide an attraction that has low capacity so it always has enough demand to fill up with paid $$$.

Chapek might be evil... but he’s brilliant.

ToTBellHop

And if they start charging now Disney has a motive to provide an attraction that has low capacity so it always has enough demand to fill up with paid $$$.

Chapek might be evil... but he’s brilliant.
Here is the thing: I would pay it. I find either the BG process or stressing over getting the first bus of the day and charging past wheelchairs at 7:30 am to be so stressful. I’d rather pay to guarantee a ride. TRON has a serious capacity issue. So, I’ll plan on just riding it once, paying for it, and then ignoring it for the rest of the trip. I’m not paying $60 more than once.

I do like that MMRR has a high enough capacity that it isn’t really a headache to ride multiple times. Why do they keep building coasters with shorter and shorter trains at WDW? There’s a reason BTMRR and Everest almost never get outrageous waits while SDD does.

Disney Glimpses

Wasn't the rumor a while ago that the that gift shop was getting demolished?

Edit:

Never mind, was thinking of something else. Looks like the plan was to move the Speedway track over a bit. Clearly that part of that project got the axe. Looks like we'll have to live with it.

1626272988750.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom