News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Right, but they took off a massive portion of the facing to build out the arched re-entry. Surely they're at least going to get paneling back up there. Additionally, the canopy will shield it somewhat when completed.
The opening is a bit bigger now but there will still be an opening at the end. Rain was able to pour in while the panels were first installed. Even after the canopy is complete the air gets humid enough that moisture will get in the building.

Splashin' Ryan

I believe they may be putting in one or multiple of the air curtain devices to prevent the moisture issue. They're those machines that blast you with air as you walk into some stores. They're normally used to control the temperature which might be the same case here but it could help with moisture too. Don't forget, Shanghai, where Tron is now, has pretty high humidity during parts of the year as well so I'm sure they know how to deal with it.

James Alucobond

The opening is a bit bigger now but there will still be an opening at the end. Rain was able to pour in while the panels were first installed. Even after the canopy is complete the air gets humid enough that moisture will get in the building.
I don't mean to say that nothing will get in. It's Florida, after all. I just think it's weird that they'd install temporary panels explicitly to protect the project during a slowdown/halt only to remove them right before another slowdown/halt.

EeyoreFan#24

Hopefully its not the case here. I agree, it is weird, but Corporate America projects have a big reliance on cash flow. I've seen real estate projects come to a screeching stop, start a year early, pause for a specified time, etc. all based on quarter data and what is acceptable to the company at the time.

That's weird enough, but what gets me is the way they do it. Sometimes it seems like your spending 25% more of the project budget overall to just make the statements look good now. I could completely see some company tearing down the "temporary wall" working a while and then setting it back up just to finish the finale version in another quarter. Not recommended and pretty dumb project wise, but could happen.

SplashJacket

CEB7E0C4-8D6B-41BF-A274-318A31D3E39A.jpeg
1266AF66-35AD-4CF3-A0BB-16EBF752285E.jpeg
0D4AB795-2540-4D7B-BE47-4B911B14595D.jpeg
D6CFC1D9-B5A1-4A26-B21A-AECE0E3015AD.jpeg
A6B98977-514A-4E0E-AD75-F18850AB6964.jpeg

Photos from yesterday. In the top photos you can see the railway path taking shape. Possibly a tunnel? Rebar seems to be taking shape for the walls.

180º

danlb_2000

Premium Member

tparris

ctrlaltdel

Haven't posted in a very long time and have been kind of out of it in terms of tracking projects/being into theme parks over the past few years with getting married, COVID, etc, but we're planning a trip down in Jan/Feb '23 (wife's first time at Disney World, though we did do Paris right before COVID hit), so wanted to see what the status of the new attractions were. After reviewing the thread, seeing the delays in construction funding, and knowing Disney's typical lethargic pace, I'm definitely not optimistic this will be done in time for our trip, but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. Nice to see that at least some work is going on before October though.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom