News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

PB Watermelon

My counter to that is putting attractions indoors makes it difficult to make them as intense as Velocicoaster.

Disneyland and The Magic Kingdom are Family Parks, not Thrill Parks, yes? Universal and Six Flags counter-program against the Disney Parks with thrill rides. There's a market for both. Some have their preferences, Disney does Disney and stays on brand (usually), Universal and the rest do what they do.

Jrb1979

Disneyland and The Magic Kingdom are Family Parks, not Thrill Parks, yes? Universal and Six Flags counter-program against the Disney Parks with thrill rides. There's a market for both. Some have their preferences, Disney does Disney and stays on brand (usually), Universal and the rest do what they do.
That wasn't my point. My point was that many here scoff at other Florida parks for not putting them indoors due to the "MONSOON" season. My response was it's hard to put big coasters inside.

doctornick

That wasn't my point. My point was that many here scoff at other Florida parks for not putting them indoors due to the "MONSOON" season. My response was it's hard to put big coasters inside.

Not sure I follow. Velociraptor will indeed close during thunderstorms while a ride like Space Mountain will continue to run. There's plenty of valid arguments on whether Disney should add larger higher thrill coasters (I'm firmly on the side of "they should not" but YMMV) but the point that outdoor rides in central Florida close a lot due to the prevailing weather is a very valid one that should be considered.

gerarar

Premium Member
Update from yesterday I saw on Reddit:
9774D1D3-C1B4-4800-8BB9-8A7C5591D455.jpeg

Mr. Moderate

Yeah I don't see one construction worker in those photos. Pretty sure its be stagnate for a while now.
It really is and I have given up any hope that at least the outside construction would be completed to the extent that the train could resume operation and the guests don't have to look at a contraction dirt pile. This has been disappointing to say the least and I understand the problems that the pandemic has caused and why construction was paused, but I firmly feel that things could have been done better and the guests could have been offered more with the 50th coming around the corner fast.

gerarar

Premium Member
I haven’t noticed anything new over the past week. It’s like they put 1/4 of the tarp stuff on the canopy, and then just stopped

Yeah I don't see one construction worker in those photos. Pretty sure its be stagnate for a while now.
While that is true, we don’t know what’s going inside the ride building. There’s some contractor vehicles parked backstage so those workers might be inside.

Ripken10

I think we are very much in the predicated slow trickle/pause mode.
When we were there last week, we saw construction vehicles and people in the area working. My son rode barnstormer 14 times one day, so we got a lot of views. There was definite working occuring. I didn't look closely enough to see what they were doing. The 3 days we were in MK, I couldn't tell you by eye what they did, but there was always movement.

SilentWindODoom

I don’t consider space mountain Florida an e-ticket either. California yes, but not Florida.

But that’s me.

Doesn't Florida have a larger scope and longer ride? Why do you make that distinction?

I’m sure they could have saved money by not painting and theming the back of tower, but at the time, they thought about the views from the friendship boats and parking lot as well as the view from within the park.

Tower of Terror? Wasn't the driving force for its aesthetic to fit the Morocco Pavilion, with the biggest visual intrusion coming from the plaza stores?

Excuse me, stewardess. I speak jive:

Huh... I thought since they were getting Hagrid's too it was "Buy One, Get One Harry Potter".

wow so many concrete sewer/water forms still remaining to be placed.. I swear it seems so close but theres still so much more to do

Sadly everyone's saying the train isn't coming until they're done with the landscaping and all of that drainage stuff makes it seem so much farther off.

TrainsOfDisney

Doesn't Florida have a larger scope and longer ride? Why do you make that distinction?
I’m making that distinction based on my opinion of riding both. California has a much more elaborate boarding area, on board audio, and just feels like a Disney level attraction.
Tower of Terror? Wasn't the driving force for its aesthetic to fit the Morocco Pavilion, with the biggest visual intrusion coming from the plaza stores?
Yes that would be the one! I’m talking about the fact that the tower was designed to be viewed from all angles and look like the Hollywood tower hotel. Not only from within the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom