News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I estimated that MK probably needs at minimum 6K in additional attraction capacity over and above an open WDW Railroad. This is one of the reasons the elimination of the Main Street theater is a killer.

I believe TRON adds about 1300-1400, but someone else may be able to correct that.
With 14 people per train they would need to achieve ~38 second dispatches to hit 1300 people per hour. Seems tight to me but I haven’t seen the loading area/procedures

jt04

I know there’s probably a thread about this, or maybe it was posted here, but does anyone know when the WDWRR will reopen? Or if there’s a guess?

It doesn't appear they have made a decision because Tron is an active construction zone. I always thought they would find a way to make it Oct 1st but now have some doubts about that.

they may wait to open Tron and the railroad together due to crowds. Just a guess.

ToTBellHop

It doesn't appear they have made a decision because Tron is an active construction zone. I always thought they would find a way to make it Oct 1st but now have some doubts about that.

they may wait to open Tron and the railroad together due to crowds. Just a guess.
They’ll want the canopy done. If work is exclusively indoors, WDWRR can return. Maybe by Christmas, I’d guess.

DoleWhipDrea

IMHO, it's a missed opportunity to not have either the WDRR or the PM go through a portion of TRON's show building.

I remember back when PM was open at DL and going through the TRON section. The effect was simple but it added a certain amount of thrill. With today's technology it would be that much more exciting.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
IMHO, it's a missed opportunity to not have either the WDRR or the PM go through a portion of TRON's show building.

I remember back when PM was open at DL and going through the TRON section. The effect was simple but it added a certain amount of thrill. With today's technology it would be that much more exciting.

As long as the Peoplemover was down and in need of repair/upgrade they might as well have expanded it at that time. Having said that I'm sure it would have been a lot more complicated than we're making it out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere it was considered, but it already goes through Space Mountain.

Perhaps an alternative would have been to add the TRON part to the back half of the Space Mountain's section where the Peoplemover area is extremely pitch black currently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom