News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

what if they replaced the speedway with something like this? Its electric, can be made to look very tronnish, allows for drifting and spinning out, and works in the rain as seen in the video

That is EXACTLY what they should do... but add two of those double tracks, and a bunch of fun scenic props, a more futuristic style and it would be an absolute winner! No risk, sure fire hit, all win...
I guess that is too easy though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
what if they replaced the speedway with something like this? Its electric, can be made to look very tronnish, allows for drifting and spinning out, and works in the rain as seen in the video

That is EXACTLY what they should do... but add two of those double tracks, and a bunch of fun scenic props, a more futuristic style and it would be an absolute winner! No risk, sure fire hit, all win...
I guess that is too easy though.

Tron Light Racers. You heard it first (and sadly probably last) here.

_caleb

This is what Universal should have used for the MarioKart ride.

Though I find it annoying that this is a "car" with "wheels" that don't touch the "track."

I hope whatever they do with the Speedway keeps the "you're actually driving" mechanic of the classic version. Change to TRON-like electric motors, add lots of LED lighting (and some shade), and I'd be happy.

ToTBellHop

I can comfortably say this will open by Spring Break 2022. They could do earlier if they want but I’m not privy to exact funding changes—only that money has been made available during this fiscal year once again for interior work. I presume guests in the park will see work very soon. I’ll be in-park Friday if no one sees anything before then.

GimpYancIent

I can comfortably say this will open by Spring Break 2022. They could do earlier if they want but I’m not privy to exact funding changes—only that money has been made available during this fiscal year once again for interior work. I presume guests in the park will see work very soon.
Don't care about interior! Get the crap cleaned up from the right of way for the WDWMKRR so the track laying can be finished.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I can comfortably say this will open by Spring Break 2022. They could do earlier if they want but I’m not privy to exact funding changes—only that money has been made available during this fiscal year once again for interior work. I presume guests in the park will see work very soon. I’ll be in-park Friday if no one sees anything before then.
Interesting. Its almost like the kid down the street got a fancy new toy that everyone is talking about and now they want one of their own. lol

ToTBellHop

Interesting. Its almost like the kid down the street got a fancy new toy that everyone is talking about and now they want one of their own. lol
It’s actually that bald Santa Claus found out he could increase capacity at WDW far sooner than anticipated and wants the parks filled ASAP. In this case, I agree with him. Strike while the iron is hot to keep butts in the seats through the 50th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom