News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Work has resumed on the interior!
Yes things are happening. Pic from yesterday. But as I mentioned in https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...d-from-the-canopy-at-tron-lightcycle-run-.htm, it was being removed, not delivered.

Tron_Full_42056.jpg

Last edited:

dreday3

I honestly hesitated posting this because I still don’t believe it myself but someone I have decent faith in is claiming there is going to be a full court press to get this thing done by October 1st??? Again, HUGE grain of salt and I realize they could be messing with me but I wanted to throw it out there to see if I’m the only one hearing this. Is that even possible at this point? I suspect I’ll be seeing this post in October and finding that it didn’t age well but the information seemed rather sincere.

I won't allow my brain to even entertain this. I can't handle trying to get on Tron and Rat this October!
Heck, we haven't even been since Toy Story Land was built! :D

doctornick

I honestly hesitated posting this because I still don’t believe it myself but someone I have decent faith in is claiming there is going to be a full court press to get this thing done by October 1st??? Again, HUGE grain of salt and I realize they could be messing with me but I wanted to throw it out there to see if I’m the only one hearing this. Is that even possible at this point? I suspect I’ll be seeing this post in October and finding that it didn’t age well but the information seemed rather sincere.

I don't believe, but would love for it to be true.

Honestly, I'd settle for them just to complete the awning and have it running with the lights (sans the ride) and then also completing and the tunnel and opening the train. Really it's sad not to have the train running for the 50th.

Mr. Moderate

This has gave me a little hope that maybe, just maybe, most of the outside work will be done, the train running, and the area looking presentable for the 50th in October. Sure I would love the ride to be finished and everything looking great in October, but I'd be pleased to just ride the train and the outside of Tron looking done. Here's hoping for more though and thanks for the recent photos!

ToTBellHop

Not if more of its keeps getting removed. One piece went yesterday https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...d-from-the-canopy-at-tron-lightcycle-run-.htm and it looks like at least two pieces today
At least it isn’t mothballed! Imagine if this was sealed off until 10/1 as had been the plan and then they discovered these issues. I first heard about the reversal last month so they’ve likely accelerated ~6 months. The plan had been to resume work 10/1 and open Spring 2022.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom