News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Can they do that with the water table?
Remember that you have the utilities level that can be utilized, which the Mine Train already sort of takes advantage of with the way it dips down below the walkway level.

Even then, water table is not this impenetrable fortress right there under the dirt. It varies in its location and even then it can be dealt with, albeit at a cost. Even in the late 60s Disney built the water bridge connecting the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake (keeping water out is not much different than keeping water in). Every elevator shaft in Florida goes at least 5’-0” below the ground floor, which can be enough to intertwine a ride. There are attractions with basements such as Mission: SPACE, Alien Swirling Saucers, Transformers: The Ride - 3D, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventures and the Bourne Stuntacular which was added to the existing building for that show.

The Aracuan Bird

I’d doubt it’d bring in more people. Which is a good think for the park of course.

And not that it would happen today.
I meant in terms of acting as a capacity sink, not enticing people to come to the park. Just guessing, the theatre can probably hold more people per hour than a ride like Pinocchio. But before COVID, the theatre was rarely anywhere close to full. You look at Pooh and the lines are always upwards of 40 minutes. More people want rides than 4D shows.

They’d be wise to invest in the smaller dark rides. One in Philharmagic. Another in Fairytale Hall. They could maybe connect one to the backside of Circus. Get rid of Speedway and you could probably fit another around Teacups, with the rest of the space being used for a new Tomorrowland attraction.

There is so much valuable space being wasted in that park, when they could potentially add more or replace lesser attractions to clear up the paths.

yensidtlaw1969

Can they do that with the water table?
Recall that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is built on the site of the former 20,000 Leagues lagoon - my idea was more that they build the Dark Ride at ground level and simply build the Mine Train over it, but if there's anywhere at MK they're safe to dig down a bit it's that specific site.

The entire MK was built on a "rake", angling upwards as you travel north so that the 20,000 Leagues lagoon could be 15 feet or so deep "in the ground" but still actually be above Florida ground level. It was essentially an "above-ground pool" that had the entire park around it built up to give the illusion that it was an "in-ground pool". I'm oversimplifying a little, but still, Disney could dig the former depth of the 20K Lagoon back out and still not run into the water table.

SilentWindODoom

Add Philharmagic to the list with Laugh Floor as attractions that could easily be relocated to DHS and make both parks better. IMO.

I'd worry we'd lose Muppets if we tried putting another 3D movie in the Studios. I was scared enough when Star Wars moved in. Muppets is a lot of fun and with some update could probably be on par with the rest. The bones are good, tho.

I'd be cool with a relocation of Monster's, though. I actually enjoy the experience. Perhaps it's my trip frequency or my memory making the experience not the same each time. Or perhaps it's gone downhill. But we had a good time going beyond air conditioning.

Remember that you have the utilities level that can be utilized, which the Mine Train already sort of takes advantage of with the way it dips down below the walkway level.

Even then, water table is not this impenetrable fortress right there under the dirt. It varies in its location and even then it can be dealt with, albeit at a cost. Even in the late 60s Disney built the water bridge connecting the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake (keeping water out is not much different than keeping water in). Every elevator shaft in Florida goes at least 5’-0” below the ground floor, which can be enough to intertwine a ride. There are attractions with basements such as Mission: SPACE, Alien Swirling Saucers, Transformers: The Ride - 3D, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventures and the Bourne Stuntacular which was added to the existing building for that show.

Heh. The reason I asked if that was possible was because I wasn't sure. I know the park was build up a level to wind the Utilidors under and some parts of the FLE dip down while others dip up. Wasn't sure if there was enough room and figured I'd ask and see if someone that knows... well... knew.

jt04

I'd worry we'd lose Muppets if we tried putting another 3D movie in the Studios. I was scared enough when Star Wars moved in. Muppets is a lot of fun and with some update could probably be on par with the rest. The bones are good, tho.

I'd be cool with a relocation of Monster's, though. I actually enjoy the experience. Perhaps it's my trip frequency or my memory making the experience not the same each time. Or perhaps it's gone downhill. But we had a good time going beyond air conditioning.

Heh. The reason I asked if that was possible was because I wasn't sure. I know the park was build up a level to wind the Utilidors under and some parts of the FLE dip down while others dip up. Wasn't sure if there was enough room and figured I'd ask and see if someone that knows... well... knew.

DHS could support two 3D shows in my opinion. Especially since they are relatively different presentations.

Once the Studios reaches full capacity, they will definitely need more attraction capacity and these shows are easy ways to add that. Not sure what the status of Indy is right now. But if it doesn't reopen the capacity issue gets more urgent.

My opinion only.

owlsandcoffee

DHS could support two 3D shows in my opinion. Especially since they are relatively different presentations.

Once the Studios reaches full capacity, they will definitely need more attraction capacity and these shows are easy ways to add that. Not sure what the status of Indy is right now. But if it doesn't reopen the capacity issue gets more urgent.

My opinion only.

I think Philharmagic could work well on Sunset Blvd where Beauty and the Beast Live is. Or in Animation Courtyard. Other side of the park, ya know.

yensidtlaw1969

Philharmagic in the Soundstage Restaurant (remember that ?)
MMRR on the Animation plot.
Laugh Floor next to the door coaster.

How easy was that.
It really is a shame how much of Walt Disney World could be improved by, like, rearranging some chess pieces.

Obviously it's not as simple as that in reality, but I can't help but think what it'd be like if all the Nemo stuff had been built together in one area instead of spread across parks, and all the Toy Story stuff, and all the Frozen stuff . . .

There's some great Armchair Master Planning that can be done in retrospect. If only they planned that well in advance.

owlsandcoffee

Philharmagic in the Soundstage Restaurant (remember that ?)
MMRR on the Animation plot.
Laugh Floor next to the door coaster.

How easy was that.

I've been banging the "MMRR should have been in ANIMATION Courtyard drum for a while.

Man, that door coaster would've been cool. I also think TSL should've been a Pixar land, fed from Pixar Place (where SWGE is now). With Ratatouille, door coaster, M,I:LF, etc. Oh well.

jt04

It really is a shame how much of Walt Disney World could be improved by, like, rearranging some chess pieces.

Obviously it's not as simple as that in reality, but I can't help but think what it'd be like if all the Nemo stuff had been built together in one area instead of spread across parks, and all the Toy Story stuff, and all the Frozen stuff . . .

There's some great Armchair Master Planning that can be done in retrospect. If only they planned that well in advance.

They ran off too many of the old guard before they could pass on all the lessons learned. A lot was lost in that haste.

J4546

muppets need to be relocated imo. Use the area they occupy in dhs for more star wars, specificaly an endor themed mini land with a ride that flows into the star tours ride. full of trees and a couple more at-ats or whatever theyre called. Something to bridge the awkward gap from star wars-muppets-star wars and create a full star wars cohesive experience with a tunnel seperating the 2 "worlds" as it were. Or maybe just retheme it all to fit in to GE. Watevs. You could put a massive GotG style coaster behind GE as well, a story telling star wars launching coaster that takes you from a rebel base, blasts into space, flying around tie fighters and imerial destroyers, getting to the death star, flying in the canyon and "firing a missle" into the shaft and leaving while it blows up....you could recreate that whole thing with a massive coaster and that would be pretty coolio.

owlsandcoffee

muppets need to be relocated imo. Use the area they occupy in dhs for more star wars, specificaly an endor themed mini land with a ride that flows into the star tours ride. full of trees and a couple more at-ats or whatever theyre called. Something to bridge the awkward gap from star wars-muppets-star wars and create a full star wars cohesive experience with a tunnel seperating the 2 "worlds" as it were. Or maybe just retheme it all to fit in to GE. Watevs. You could put a massive GotG style coaster behind GE as well, a story telling star wars launching coaster that takes you from a rebel base, blasts into space, flying around tie fighters and imerial destroyers, getting to the death star, flying in the canyon and "firing a missle" into the shaft and leaving while it blows up....you could recreate that whole thing with a massive coaster and that would be pretty coolio.
I think at that point you could have a proper Muppets-land where Indy is now, with the original Great Muppet Movie Ride, restaurants, etc. However the likelihood that they would demolish and rebuild as much as they would have to is nil, at that point they would just sacrifice Kermit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom