News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

I can agree with it being very short, the thing about me is that TRON and TRON Legacy for me is one of the most underrated movies. So seeing any kind of representation makes me happy. Also, I just really want to ride a Lightcycle.

I can also agree Tommorowland definitely needs attention. Hopefully TRON is a harbringer of things to come.
Unfortunately it is so expensive I don't think we will see anything else in Tomorrowland until 2030...they are already saying TRON won't open until 2022... It was a crazy expensive mistake...the money would have been better spent putting new relevant to the area attractions in the Stitch building and MILF. doing a complete re-dressing of The Peoplemover show sets, and then turning the Circus Fantasyland area into a complete Neverland section with a new Peter Pan ride (or double ride)...
TRON would have worked better at DHS or EPCOT...

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Unfortunately it is so expensive I don't think we will see anything else in Tomorrowland until 2030...they are already saying TRON won't open until 2025... It was a crazy expensive mistake...the money would have been better spent putting new relevant to the area attractions in the Stitch building and MILF. doing a complete re-dressing of The Peoplemover show sets, and then turning the Circus Fantasyland area into a complete Neverland section with a new Peter Pan ride (or double ride)...
Who is saying 2025?

jt04

Unfortunately it is so expensive I don't think we will see anything else in Tomorrowland until 2030...they are already saying TRON won't open until 2025... It was a crazy expensive mistake...the money would have been better spent putting new relevant to the area attractions in the Stitch building and MILF. doing a complete re-dressing of The Peoplemover show sets, and then turning the Circus Fantasyland area into a complete Neverland section with a new Peter Pan ride (or double ride)...

Who is "they" that are saying it won't open until 2025? Doesn't seem credible.

mergatroid

Who is saying this?

lunchbox1175

I think Tron is fitting in what should be Tomorrowland, the problem is Tomorrowland isn't futuristic, a massive futuristic update to the Speedway and a better entrance from the north side by the Tea Cups i think would help give it more of a "Tomorrowland" feel. Also....think Carousel should be moved to EPCOT. Now i will run and hide.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
It was a typo... fixed
2022 is much more reasonable considering the amount of work that has been done on the project. When I first saw the unedited post of yours , I was like what are they planning an edition to this? This project has already taken quite sometime partially due to the pandemic, but 2022 seems realistic in terms of an opening and that is a good thing because I will be planning some sort of vacation back to WDW in 2022.

Goofyque'

The launch is the thrill...and the travel across the canopy...indoor section is so short and then you are headed back to the station...kinda nuts. Glad there was no line at all in Shanghai...we rode it three times in a row.
13 for us with the grandsons. Tried to explain that there would be no way we will replicate that in Florida! ;)

SilentWindODoom

I’m still waiting for Pinocchios Daring Journey to go where Philharmagic is.

Or is that so early 80s?

Aww... I love Philharmagic. Does the theatre really have the footprint?

I forgot I had put this in the multiquote. Sportslogos.net, the other forum I frequent, has a little button in the corner when you multiquote, but here it just sits in the bin and when you go to respond you get pleasantly surprised by all the posts you forgot. :hilarious:

If Snow White's Scary Adventures had been converted into a Sleeping Beauty Dark Ride and a new Snow White Dark Ride was built under the Mine Train, you wouldn't have heard an ounce of complaint out of me.

Somewhere in the deep, forgotten recesses of my brain I choose to remain optimistic that one day Princess Fairytale Hall will be turned back into some sort of dark ride . . . but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Can they do that with the water table?

It’s not too late to delete this.

I mean... it does make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom