News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Could also mean that the pause is back to a break
The Kyle will tell us in an Instagram post for sure @MansionButler84

The Croods Sloth GIF by The Croods: A New Age
My focus lately has been on discovering all the details about the churro-scented urinal pucks a team of 37 Imagineers has been working on since 2013.

owlsandcoffee

Apologies as I'm sure this has been discussed hundred of times, but are there any plans to hide this from Fantasyland specifically Storybook Circus? The box is hideeeouss

Yes, we've discussed it before but that's not an issue. We don't know, there's been no word. I would be shocked if they did nothing so I expect some replanted trees. We'll just have to wait n see.

mrerk

Premium Member
One "insider" pointed out that they may be looking to start this back up sooner rather than later. So I disagree, "$$$" is not a reason for a pause at this juncture. I guess you could try to argue that money is a factor in anything (and one could do that) but at this point I don't see how a pause will save them or cost them money that they wouldn't already have had.
Not really saving them money, just pushing it off to the next FY

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
It's not making them the money yet either... Guests know its coming, but when?
Kind of is like Star Wars Land at DHS, a lot of people waited til it was open to come back... even with Toy Story Land as a draw ahead of it, they waited. Big 50th party, is the Rat and a cupcake and castle swag a draw for people to come now or wait til Tron comes?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not really saving them money, just pushing it off to the next FY
True, but if in this fiscal year, it will cause the quarterlies to show a net loss for the whole company. That hurts the stocks.

Disney stocks are soaring because of Disney+ and the ability to show quarter by quarter, there was no operational net loss.

It's about investor confidence.

October is the beginning of the new fiscal year. Expect the money hose to open up then.

Mr. Moderate

I understand why Disney is delaying projects until the next FY even though I dislike the thought of it and the reason why, but can the powers that be at Disney at least finish up the outside construction enough to allow the train to resume operation? Sure I was hoping that Tron would have been done for the 50th in October and was one of the many reasons why I booked my upcoming trip last two years ago, but at this point finish up the outside construction and give the guests some form of normalcy when visiting MK. Too bad Tron wasn't a DVC project as it would have been done already and accepting guests.

MadTeacup

Can the powers that be at Disney at least finish up the outside construction enough to allow the train to resume operation?
Judging by the unpoured concrete decking and amount of hardscape work left to perform, we're probably WAY past the point where it could be done by October 1st - even if they resumed right this very moment. That said, with an 18 month duration, I can almost guarantee you that the train will operate "during the 50th."

Too bad Tron wasn't a DVC project as it would have been done already and accepting guests.
You mean like Reflections-A Disney Lakeside Lodge? Yeah. Tron might have been accepting guests, but all they'd get to see is a grassy field.
Hub Grass 2.0 - A Disney Parkside Meadow

I'd also like to add that I'm quite happy Reflections was cancelled.

DoleWhipDrea

It is a shame the RR has been closed for as long as it has. Does anyone know what path the train will be taking by TRON exactly? Will it be traveling through to show off the attraction, or just passing by?

TrainsOfDisney

It is a shame the RR has been closed for as long as it has. Does anyone know what path the train will be taking by TRON exactly? Will it be traveling through to show off the attraction, or just passing by?
There is supposed to be a tunnel - hopefully there will at least be a nice lighting package added to the interior of the tunnel to make it feel like you’re traveling through the tron theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom