News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Stupido

Tell that to the Bob's. They don't care cause Disney+ is all that matters. The parks are just in the background now.
No, Safety is all that matters. Disney made us watch a 15 minute supercut of Cast Members repeating "Safe-D Beings With Me!" from Custodial to Cinderella to beat it into our heads during training. Safety has always been the Mouse's biggest concern, and the only time Cast Members are allowed to tell a guest no. They would never push their guests limits or want someone to feel unsafe in their parks. I still have friends who live in Orlando, and they all say they avoid Universal because they don't feel safe with Uni's Covid Protocols. Making their guests feel as safe as possible is much more on brand for Disney than throwing a flashy new ride around to boost ticket sales. Disney+ is just safer to produce content for right now than the parks, any business person would divert spending to a more remote experience while in person entertainment still hasn't fully bounced back yet.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Maybe it should be the other way around.

I want to visit in the fall. I don’t want Florida closed due to another cluster fash. Or has the 3rd wave news not reached over there yet?
We here got wind about Europe. Michigan is the newest hot spot in the States for the newest wave.

I'm hoping for the best too for the fall, with a trip planned too!

EricsBiscuit

Maybe it should be the other way around.

I want to visit in the fall. I don’t want Florida closed due to another cluster fash. Or has the 3rd wave news not reached over there yet?
Most people will have been vaccinated by the time summer is over. In any case, the theme parks have been safe and will be even more safe as more people are vaccinated and naturally recover from the virus. If you don’t feel safe, you don’t have to go. But I will gladly wait in line for the Velocicoaster.

corran horn

I don't think it takes more than this picture from bio to illustrate the difference between TWDC of old and all the alphabet management that goes with it and what is calling the shots today.

I give you TDO - then and now

It is literally a "what does not fit picture"

Somewhat baffling to me that they didn't extend the shroud around to what's visible in the park.

J4546

lol we still dont knwo what kind of landscaping there will be around this box, calm down. They could build a small berm and plant some trees and hide it from most park angles and they probably will.

lazyboy97o

You know the answer, they would have to pay for new plans. This was paid for by the SDL project and TDO only has site and construction costs
No. This has been explained many times in this thread. Entirely new drawings still had to be done for this project. The direction was largely set but reusing the design intent from Shanghai still left a lot of architecture and engineering work to be done.

JoeCamel

No. This has been explained many times in this thread. Entirely new drawings still had to be done for this project. The direction was largely set but reusing the design intent from Shanghai still left a lot of architecture and engineering work to be done.
Sir you cannot dull my contempt for TDO. I get it though, different site, different regulations and regulators

UNCgolf

Which actually makes it worse, not better. Considering they had to do additional work anyways, why not go ahead and fix the problems inherent to dropping the Shanghai design into Orlando?

The answer, of course, is that it was still much cheaper to leave things mostly as-is from Shanghai rather than designing anything new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom