News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

peter11435

Probably not, but, not every guest fits the height requirement, or wants to ride a coaster to begin with.
No, but I’m not referring to just coasters. Even attractions like Pirates or the Caribbean are physically not capable of accommodating every guest in the park on even a below average attendance day.

JoeCamel

Hasn't it on on a partial route before? Didn't it go backwards when they were constructing the Birthdayland (at the time) station? (I was 11)

Maybe I'm having a fever dream or remembering the old railroad at our local zoo.
Pre Frontierland reconfiguration of the tracks? Then yes, they did run shuttle before then when necessary.

180º

If they had the park hours of a busy day on a below average attendance day then I'm sure most rides could.
There is a way to be sure, and it’s to look at capacity numbers. BlogMickey estimates attendance on an average day at the Magic Kingdom to be 57,433. The Peoplemover’s theoretical hourly rider capacity is 3,600, which, multiplied by a 14-hour day, is 50,400. That’s the Peoplemover, mind you. Only it and Carousel of Progress can hope for those numbers, theoretically. Most other attractions in the park are about half that. Splash Mountain, for example, has a THRC of 1,800. So, while on a light day the Peoplemover may be able to see every guest, most attractions could hope to see around half of all guests in the park.

Tron Lightcycle Power Run at Shanghai Disneyland has a THRC of 1,680, meaning 23,520 on an impossibly perfect day, so, well under half of all guests in an averagely-attended Magic Kingdom operating at long hours.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hasn't it on on a partial route before? Didn't it go backwards when they were constructing the Birthdayland (at the time) station? (I was 11)

Maybe I'm having a fever dream or remembering the old railroad at our local zoo.
They did (during Splash construction) but it’s been discussed earlier in this thread why it’s not happening now.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Hasn't it run on a partial route before? Didn't it go backwards when they were constructing the Birthdayland (at the time) station? (I was 11)

They’re redoing all of the track while it’s closed, IIRC.

MadTeacup

I assume the next step would be to start to put together the canopy’s roof and then lighting?
Personally, I wouldn't expect lighting until the hardscape is closer to completion. The lighting is likely being installed by a separate company and is probably not included in the scope of the current phase of construction. However, I would expect to see the covering installed on the canopy structure in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom