News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jrb1979

Anecdotal and unsubstantiated. You have no way of knowing how well the ops team will perform on a coaster opening at the earliest next year. Neither does Bob Chapek. No one does. The only logical assumption is that they can use previous lessons learned in Shanghai to improve ops on the new version. Just because you hate Florida does not mean that they will do worse.
I don't think it will matter. I've been to enough US parks to know that most GP don't know how to get on most coasters properly. Seat belt first lap bar second is a hard concept.

UNCgolf

Yes, not the same position and there are still people that wouldn't get on the Hagrid's coaster that might get on Space Mountain due to its more conventional seating.

There's also the percentage of guests that don't want to ride roller coasters period, and then ones who will ride family coasters like 7 Dwarfs but nothing more intense than that. No clue how high that percentage is, but it's certainly not 0%.

Hitchens

Tron is taking forever at WDW, despite that it's a cloned attraction.

And Ratatouille, another cloned attraction, could've opened in EPCOT months ago, but it won't open till October.

Is it just me, or does Universal open its attractions more quickly & intelligently than Disney does?

(I'm just referring to Disney's American resorts, though Disneyland Paris took way too long to refurb Phantom Manor
a few years ago
.)

When Disney opened Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland, it lacked features that "Slow Bob" had boasted about that fans then expected. Fans were later disappointed when they weren't delivered.

Universal, in contrast, seemed to almost deny that the potentially cool raptor coaster at Universal Orlando was even being built (wink wink nudge nudge) despite that there were big freakin' coaster hills guests could see.

If I hear reports that WDW is phoning it in, cutting more perks, and not addressing
miserable over-crowding, inconvenience, & overpricing,**
for examples:

-- restaurant reservations SIX months in advance?! (PLEASE, DO NOT BRING THAT BACK!) That makes planning a trip to Disney World much more onerous in my opinion that visiting Europe.

-- Ride reservations three months in advance?!

-- Resort parking fees,

--$10 per person restaurant cancellation fees,

--slow & insufficient busses making more stops than a bus crossing downtown Detroit,

--no more Magical Express, etc.

then I'll put off my next Florida visit till 2024 through 2028
and it will be mainly to visit Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, and maybe spend 3 nights at WDW.

** Footnote! Correct, if guests are willing to pay any shocking price that Disney charges, one could argue that it is by definition not overpriced IN THE SHORT RUN. But charging as much as possible for many things could hurt the brand in the long run.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Is it just me, or does Universal open its attractions more quickly & intelligently than Disney does?
Universal doesn’t announce attractions well before they’re done with design work. They did something’s fast but they too are getting slower and more expensive. Bourne Stuntacular opened much later than originally announced.

RSoxNo1

Tron is taking forever at WDW, despite that it's a cloned attraction.

And Ratatouille, another cloned attraction, could've opened in EPCOT months ago, but it won't open till October.

(I'm just referring to Disney's American resorts, though Disneyland Paris took way too long to refurb Phantom Manor
a few years ago
.)

When Disney opened Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland, it lacked features that "Slow Bob" had boasted about that fans then expected. Fans were later disappointed when they weren't delivered.

Universal, in contrast, seemed to almost deny that the potentially cool raptor coaster at Universal Orlando was even being built (wink wink nudge nudge) despite that there were big freakin' coaster hills guests could see.

If I hear reports that WDW is phoning it in, cutting more perks, and not addressing
miserable over-crowding, inconvenience, & overpricing,**
for examples:

-- restaurant reservations SIX months in advance?! (PLEASE, DO NOT BRING THAT BACK!) That makes planning a trip to Disney World much more onerous in my opinion that visiting Europe.

-- Ride reservations three months in advance?!

-- Resort parking fees,

--$10 per person restaurant cancellation fees,

--slow & insufficient busses making more stops than a bus crossing downtown Detroit,

--no more Magical Express, etc.

then I'll put off my next Florida visit till 2024 through 2028
and it will be mainly to visit Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, and maybe spend 3 nights at WDW.

** Footnote! Correct, if guests are willing to pay any shocking price that Disney charges, one could argue that it is by definition not overpriced IN THE SHORT RUN. But charging as much as possible for many things could hurt the brand in the long run.
Universal doesn't announce projects 5 years out, they announce them 5 months out when it's not really a surprise. That helps temper expectations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom