News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

You mean, "It's a Small World"?
1613601567603.jpeg

nor'easter

Not really?

SDD and 7DMT are family coasters. Tron is essentially a family coaster too -- it may have higher thrill/intensity levels, but it's not even remotely close to something like the Velocicoaster or Incredible Hulk at Universal; they're on a completely different level (and coasters at other parks are even more intense). I'm sure major coaster fans will scoff at Tron. It's also a clone of a ride they already built elsewhere, which is the biggest reason it's going in at WDW.

Guardians is kind of its own separate thing. It's an attempt at a themed story coaster which they have specifically called "family-friendly". It's almost certainly not going to have the intensity levels of something like Velocicoaster either.
I actually prefer semi-intensity...don't like to have my brain shaken and my guts heaved. Those that do are welcome to Universal and the others. Frequently those intense coasters are not well themed either. Rockin' Rollercoaster is even a bit much for me. But I love BTM at all parks and and even Space Mtn in Disneyland.

Giss Neric

I wished they made one like Velocicoaster instead.
I wish Disney would for once stop working with Vekoma and work with Intamin. On second thought, whatever the coaster manufacturer they work with, if Disney has significant control of the overall layout and time of the ride then it's useless.

Mine Train is super disappointing cause of the length of it and the swaying is useless unless you physically exert effort in trying to make it sway.

SDD is Mack but I wonder if Mack actually had significant control of SDD cause ride is fun but not long enough.

Hagrid's and Expedition Everest for me are the perfect example of how a family coaster should be. Mild to moderate thrills, good coaster elements, good duration (not so short but not too long either).

BrianLo

Would Journey to the Center of the Earth (from TDS) qualify?

(Or even better, actually building Fire Mountain)

Yes, I'd think so. Although it's also a somewhat short attraction and likewise doesn't have great capacity.

Asking for another huge capacity slow moving dark ride, while I wouldn't complain, is not actually what MK needs variety wise.

I tend to think Disneyland almost has a perfect attraction balance and I look towards the experiences that MK is missing. People will balk - but arguably a screen based thrill attraction is something the park could also use.

Touchdown

Disney’s rides notoriously experiences way too much downtime when the ride debuts but usually they become more reliable with time.

Intamin rides notoriously never open on time, experience more downtime then uptime when they debut and don’t get much better with age.

Yeah, a real match made in heaven 🙄

ToTBellHop

Disney’s rides notoriously experiences way too much downtime when the ride debuts but usually they become more reliable with time.

Intamin rides notoriously never open on time, experience more downtime then uptime when they debut and don’t get much better with age.

At least it’s a clone.

jocarol

I actually prefer semi-intensity...don't like to have my brain shaken and my guts heaved. Those that do are welcome to Universal and the others. Frequently those intense coasters are not well themed either. Rockin' Rollercoaster is even a bit much for me. But I love BTM at all parks and and even Space Mtn in Disneyland.
I remember when BTMR opened. I was 12 and so excited that there would at long last be TWO thrill rides at Disney World. I was seriously underwhelmed. 😂 Now that I'm an old lady I like it more.

JoeCamel

Velocicoaster

Bocabear

Well if they built the Villain Mountain water ride where the Barnstormer sits, it would block the Tron building (or some of it) from NFL...
And it would add another E-ticket to Fantasyland that is needed...but doubt we will ever see that kind of elaborate dark ride again...

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Let’s see what happens,

-Hagrids
-Kinga Ka
-Top Thrill Dragster
-Maverick
-Infinity Falls
I know Intamin has some issues with their attractions but I like about them is they try new things all the time. I like that most of their coasters are intense. It's part of why I don't enjoy B&M coasters much. Too GP friendly.

JoeCamel

Let’s see what happens,

-Hagrids
-Kinga Ka
-Top Thrill Dragster
-Maverick
-Infinity Falls
Pretty sure they could open this week if they wanted to. Hagrids was a very complicated machine with a switch, two drops, seven launches etc. Velocicoaster is done for the most part, testing at least. Now they are putting the cycles on the trains. I think Intimin has come of age with this one.

Touchdown

Pretty sure they could open this week if they wanted to. Hagrids was a very complicated machine with a switch, two drops, seven launches etc. Velocicoaster is done for the most part, testing at least. Now they are putting the cycles on the trains. I think Intimin has come of age with this one.

I’ll believe it when I see it, they’ve had tuning points before (Millennium Force) Universal might get lucky with Velocicoaster but eventually Intamin gotta Intamin. They like complicated and ridiculous redundant sensors that fail far too much.

Not that I don’t like their rides, but it’s been their MO for a generation now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom